“Great Bento Box”

Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in East Lansing
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The food and service are excellent. The bento box is delicious with a little bit of each favorite; seaweed salad, teriyaki chicken, tempura, and rice. It also includes miso soup and salad with ginger dressing. Yum! Lunch time prices are hard to beat.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

I absolutely love this restaurant. It is perfect for a date, and has a great atmosphere. I highly recommend you visit

Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I adore this place! Their lunch menu is very affordable and the combos come with soup, salad, and noodles. I like sitting at the sushi bar if I am with only one other person on lunch. They have two separate main rooms. One has regular tables and chairs and the other requires you to remove your shoes for a more traditional experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

One of the best sushi restaurants in East Lansing. Everything is very fresh. Wait staff is very professional and friendly.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

I eat at Sansu frequently because it is convenient to campus and it has a broad menu, so if you are going with others there is sure to be something that everyone can eat.

I really have to disagree with some of the comments below, however. This place is definitely not ''perfectly Japanese"' and it's not even authentically Asian either. I made the mistake of ordering a dim sum appetizer called siu mai and I was appalled at what they served. I would NEVER serve something like that in my house. I got a plate of soggy, low quality, clearly frozen siu mai's...I was shocked. Anyone who knows anything about Chinese food would know that this was 1) not at all a siu mai and 2) super low quality. If that's how they are going to serve siu mai, they should take it off the menu. It's downright embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong. I go to Sansu often with friends and I like many of their dishes and rolls. But please know it is not authentically Japanese, and the quality on many dishes is not high.

Yes, its "good enough"for many things. But don't expect high quality dining/ food.