“We loved our bento box and soup lunch!”
Review of Omi

Omi
Ranked #33 of 208 Restaurants in East Lansing
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 12 April 2016

This is our second time here and we were not disappointed. The menu is wonderful-hard to decide what to eat! That is why I had a bento box which was HUGE. And delicious.
The sashimi part was great-the agadashi tofu was amazing-the salad that came with as well as the miso soup were yum. Too much to eat!
The service was lovely too. Nice attentive service.
And the prices are reasonable. And the quality is up there.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Staff is very attentive, food is excellent and genuine, and the location is really ideal in the heart of East Lansing.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Went there about 15 times while studying at MSU. Great for lunch and dinner, especially the bento boxes and the entrees (not really the sushi).

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Granted, this is a sushi restaurant. While my lovely wife is a fan of the cuisine, I am not, and usually look for non-sushi or sashimi items on the menu. When I saw the hibachi
beef option, I ordered it. I ordered my sirloin rare, but what was presented to me was shoe leather, beyond well done. My lovely wife liked the California roll enough, but was not overly excited about the shrimp rice item. Our waitress took immediate action on the beef and put in another order for rare, this time the sirlon came what I would consider medium to medium well. Not a speck of pink in the middle and a bad cut of meat with a lot of gristle to it. The miso soup was delicious and the salad was so-so, with what tasted more like an Italian dressing than the traditional ginger dressing. The fried rice was very good. I took my second batch of steak home and, with strategic dicing and other knife work, was able to extract two omelets out of the leftovers. We will not be back.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

This place is clean, quick, and pretty trendy. Every person I've brought here has liked the place. The food is great.