“Great Sushi and Excellent Service”
Review of Omi

Omi
Ranked #34 of 208 Restaurants in East Lansing
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 1 April 2015

First time I have eaten here. What a wonderful find for me! I love this restaurant.

It has a different décor than most Sushi restaurants, a little different but I went for the food. The service was excellent and I was given a regular menu and a large sheet with all the Sushi selections on it. This restaurant has a very large selection of Japanese food. More than I have seen at other Sushi restaurants. House specials rolls to Vegetable rolls, hand rolls, Udon soups, sushi and the list goes on. Lots of different Japanese items.

The Sushi was fresh and was great. The Udon soup was excellent. The service was also excellent. Very friendly servers.

The restaurant is a little small (cozy). Chairs could be a little more comfortable, but the food and service are excellent.

I can not wait to go back. Give this restaurant a try if you love great Japanese food.

Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

My family and I eat at Omi almost every time we visit East Lansing. The food and service is outstanding. They have excellent sushi and believe it or not, my favorite item is their house salad with ginger dressing.

I have eaten at other Japanese restaurants in East Lansing and by far Omi is the best.

The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is casual. If you're in East Lansing and looking for great Japanese food, Omi is the ticket. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

The place is kinda small and the bathrooms are just one room. The food was good. All three of us enjoyed what we ordered. One tried the steamed kalamari salad and thought it tastes much better than fried kalamari.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband likes very much sushi, and after trying different places that offer Japanese cuisine, this seems to be the better so far. I make company wit hot dishes that are good as well.
The place is small and the chairs are not very comfortable. It gets very crowded when MSU is in session, we come here in the summer months. We don't enjoy the atmosphere/ambiance, but the food is good enough to come here when someone craves sushi.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

They have Shabu Shabu on the menu!!!

My wife and I LOVE Shabu Shabu (hotpot) and It's very hard to find in Michigan.

This time we didn't order it (hot soup and 80+degree weather don't mix well). Ok, so I did have Udon noodles so call me a hypocrite... but the combo dinner #2 was a really good bargain for $12 which included a large bowl of Udon noodles with fried soy curd (tofu) and fish balls, and a California Roll. I let my noodles cool down while enjoying the sushi roll first.

The sushi at Omi is good, but nothing really special.

The interior design is pretty cool. The tables are arranged along a laminated bench seat that is built into the wall and then the curved upper portion of the seating wall becomes part of the ceiling. Look at the menu cover to see architectural details of this design.

The prices are reasonable at Omi. I'd return to this place... and in the colder months I will definitely visit for the Shabu Shabu.

At the larger table next to us there were six Asian people having the Shabu Shabu dinner. It really looked good (see the photo).

1  Thank flintjarvis