“Nice place- good service”
Review of Coral Gables

Coral Gables
Ranked #14 of 207 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

This was a great place to meet and catch up with family. It was open at 8 am and the breakfast menu had lots of choices - even eggs Benedict which is usually hard to find. The staff was very friendly and they kept pace with the quickly filling restaurant. We would eat here again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I just attended a family event, about 40 people, at Coral Gables. The food was excellent! The buffet choices were grilled chicken (moist), spaghetti with two sauces: meat and marinara (family recipe), homemade bread and a crispy Romaine salad with homemade-tasting dressings. Our group had all ages, lots of dietary needs: vegans, meat lovers, gluten-free, but everyone found something to eat and we all raved about our meals. The staff was extremely attentive and warm to our group. I see why they have a loyal local customers. We will dine here with the regulars any time we are in the area. A couple of tips: The room we were in had a high, elevated ceiling that allowed a lot of natural light, which was nice without being too warm. If you have a group of 30-70, see if you can get this room! Also, turning left on crowded Grand River Ave. can be tricky, but you can cut through some parking lots to get to a traffic light. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 May 2016

I met a friend for lunch. We both had salads, which were hearty and fresh. The server was friendly and efficient. I've been here many times over the years. You can never go wrong with their greek items on the menu! The menu has a good variety of many types of food, which I like because I never really know what I'm hungry for until I see it on the menu! They also have daily specials. I'll definitely go here again and again.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

I went to this restaurant invited by friends, who knew the menu very well. The physical structure of the restaurant is not very attractive, but service was great and food was very very tasty.

There is a salad bar, not very impressive really. So I think once goes best with a la carte salads.
I had local fish, and was delicious.

SO if you want to go to a very traditional place, with good variety for veggies, and not a place filled with college students, this is a good place. Nothing fancy, good value for money.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Last Night (April 2nd 2016), as part of a Church Group (about 50), we had a buffet-style dinner at this restaurant. The small room we sat in was rather cramped and gave me a feeling of claustrophobia, but most people did not seem to be bothered by that.

I could call the food as "Institutional", nothing exciting, just edible, and very forgettable. The menu included a mixed salad (with unidentified dressings), two hot main dishes, chicken fillets and some sort of beef stew. The steamed vegetables were somewhat hard and felt like coming out of a can. I did not try the mashed potatoes. The breads (two types) were good though.

In all honesty, I would say that perhaps this place could be more satisfactory when ordering from the regular menu. It is supposed to have a Greek flair, and we saw that they offer a wide selection of pizzas.

It was noticeable that on a Saturday night, between 5 and 7pm, there were very few people eating, something that perhaps reflects the overall quality and popularity of this place.