“Great place for a beer!”
Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #3 of 225 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Traveled from Alabama to the locals area for business. We heard about this place and had to check it out. As a beer lover, this is a wonderful place. Have 100+ beers available on tap and not. The staff was wonderful and very patient. We had 12 people with us and they had to work a little extra to accommodate us, but it worked out wonderfully. Our waitress Kelly was amazing! The place was packed and she had other tables but she made sure she took care of us and never got frustrated with typical large party issues. Food was great! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to catch a beer, great beer, and a great atmosphere, I'd go check this place out! Will make this place a stop every time I'm back in town!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

What a beer selection! Coupled with the crackfries, this is the stuff of heaven. Arrived on a busy Saturday midday. Place was packed. Gave our name and number to text us at and took a stroll around the block. Right on time we were texted for our table. Our server, Joe, was amazing, helping to navigate the incredible beer list and even bringing unrequested complimentary samples. The crack fries are a can't miss from the menu. Burgers are juicy and delicious. Totally coming back!

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are new to the area and decided to take a trip to downtown east Lansing to walk around, get some fresh air, and grab a bite to eat! Hopcat was one of the many restaurants recommended by a student at MSU. We stopped in and we were very impressed! The crack fries were delicious. My husband ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich which he really enjoyed. & I ordered the grilled cheese and tomato soup! Now I was a bit skeptical at first because there were a couple cheeses on it that I had never tried, but I love cheese... I also noticed that in the description of the meal it mentioned something about apples, which I didn't pay much attention too, I just assumed it was on the side. But to my supine, there were slices of soft apples ON the sandwich, which probably sounds disgusting, but I promise you.. it was SO DELICIOUS! Another thing that made the meal a little different was the tomato soup. I'm almost certain I tasted and felt the texture of apple sauce in the soup.. different...but, SO good. Great flavor! I can definitely say it wasn't my traditional "grilled cheese and tomato soup". But, it was very VERY tasty :)

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The beer here carries the day as you can imagine. The food was good but not spectacular. Nevertheless I will always return because of the beer. I can deal
With average food and fairly priced somewhat rare beer

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

The wife and I were at HopCat Saturday, March 11th, 2017 and had very pleasant visit. This was our first time to the Lansing location and it was great. Our watress was very nice and attentive, the food was extremely good (we had bruschetta appetizer, I had chicken tacos and wife had a burger), beer was nice and cold. The atmosphere was cool and we would certainly come back.