“Average Food and Poor Service”

AI Fusion Sushi and Grill
Ranked #22 of 222 Restaurants in East Lansing
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ai Fusion combines the best of Korean, Japanese, and Western styles to offer you a dining experience unlike any other. We have a large sushi bar, plenty of seating and private dadami rooms. Ai Fusion caters to many occasions. Lunch is available Monday through Friday 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We have a fully stocked bar with signature cocktails, extensive sake and wine choices, as well as import, domestic and craft beers. Reservations are available on the half hour for parties of 4 or more, with an hour or more notice. Please give 24 hour notice for parties of 15 or more.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went with a group of people (6). None of our food arrived at the same time, our waiter never came back until the every end of the night to check on us. They never refilled our drinks and the food was just average. One person in our group got Salmon and mixed veggies (there was no mixed veggies all broccoli) the server said to dig around as there was a mushroom or two in the dish. There sushi was average.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

They have excellent sushi! My favorite is the Spicy Crab Crunch, and I love to try different rolls !

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We had a nice lunch. The Tae Kwon Roll was interesting. It was topped with spicy tuna but we weren’t expecting the tuna to be finely minced in a paste. It had a rather off putting texture. The Big AI roll was wonderful and was the star of the lunch. We also had shrimp nigiri was very good while the Tako nigiri was watery and extremely chewy. I know that Octopus may not be tender but I could barely chew through this. Overall it was alright.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best sushi places in the Lansing area. Love the Salmon pizza Roll and Philly roll.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

So I call to make a reservation for one of their rooms that you sit on the floor for my sons birthday. I told the person taking my reservation that I wanted the special room you sit on the floor three different times. When we arrived they told us we didn’t reserve it which is now the 2nd time this has happened. The hostess was not friendly and acted like I booked it wrong. Fortunately, our waiter was great. Mitch did an outstanding job. The rolls are average but fairly priced. I would have given a higher rating if it wasn’t for the hostess.

Date of visit: November 2017