“Mitch was GREAT, the Hostess was another story”

AI Fusion Sushi and Grill
Ranked #20 of 219 Restaurants in East Lansing
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ai Fusion combines the best of Korean, Japanese, and Western styles to offer you a dining experience unlike any other. We have a large sushi bar, plenty of seating and private dadami rooms. Ai Fusion caters to many occasions. Lunch is available Monday through Friday 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We have a fully stocked bar with signature cocktails, extensive sake and wine choices, as well as import, domestic and craft beers. Reservations are available on the half hour for parties of 4 or more, with an hour or more notice. Please give 24 hour notice for parties of 15 or more.
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

So I call to make a reservation for one of their rooms that you sit on the floor for my sons birthday. I told the person taking my reservation that I wanted the special room you sit on the floor three different times. When we arrived they told us we didn’t reserve it which is now the 2nd time this has happened. The hostess was not friendly and acted like I booked it wrong. Fortunately, our waiter was great. Mitch did an outstanding job. The rolls are average but fairly priced. I would have given a higher rating if it wasn’t for the hostess.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The food was just OK. The service was pretty bad.

The Chef's Choice Sushi was ordered by my husband. He said he would not order it again. One piece of raw fish tasted "not very good" during the meal.

I ordered a mushroom roll and avocado roll. They have a very small vegetarian roll section on the menu. I am vegan, so I am even more limited in choices. (No dairy or eggs.)

The cheap salad they serve before entrees come out was gross. Tasteless iceburg lettuce and ginger dressing. That's it. The dressing has changed since last visit. My husband said it's more sweet and less ginger flavor. I could not eat it, because it contains milk.

My two rolls came out to the table and the waitress said my husband's food would be out in a minute. Over 5 minutes later, still no Chef's Choice dish! I only ate two pieces and was trying to wait for his food to show up. So we could eat together, like its supposed to be brought out: together. This really made me mad. We were looking around for her, to ask were it was. She came over and said "sorry, they are working on it."
If I had not stopped eating, my food would have been all gone by the time he got his. This was the kitchen's fault, but a good waitress knows to bring the food all together. The kitchen staff should know how to time foods better!!

Note to those with PERFUME SENSITIVITY: the women's restroom has a super strong air freshener in there. It makes me almost gag! Has always been this way here. I don't like it.

We are not going back. It has gone downhill for awhile now.

1  Thank Dayzdx8
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I first heard about AI Fusion from a co-worker and recently tried it and I'm in love! I got the lobster roll and my boyfriend got some kind of noodles. We both enjoyed our meals! Very delicious, would recommend to anyone wanting some tasty sushi!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Went out for dinner with my husband and was delightfully surprised at how great it was.
First, I went knowing my options would be very limited (no soy, no dairy) and I do not like having to make special requests. Our waiter, though, was super knowledgeable and helpful. I felt like he genuinely was looking out for me.
We went with his recommendations and we were not disappointed.
Tuna sashimi for me. A special roll with scallops and shrimp tempura for my husband. We began with White Tuna Tataki. Unreal. It was so delicious we ordered another. Simply looking at it on the menu, I would have never ordered it. Now, it'll be my go to.
All in all, great date night.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Very good sushi, good soups (large bowls) and excellent fried rice. Service was good. The only constructive comment is the outside of the restaurant does not look impressive and the inside is average as well. But if you are going for the good food and service, this place is right for you. Enjoy.