All reviews allow pets would stay again night clerk my cousin nice indoor pool several times a year desk clerk king suite free breakfast mega temp convenience toledo
Reviewed 17 November 2018

The staff Rhonda and the general manager robert are very rude and unprofessional. I feel i was treated differently because Iam black i felt i was treated with disrespect i have the email to prove it. I did nothing wrong at all i was nust making a complaint. And this is the response i get from a manager wow very unbelievable

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Marlongillespie1977
Robert I, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

I checked the video tape of his check in and the desk clerk told him of our no-smoking policy, which is Michigan state law. She explains this to all guests checking in. The guest also asked about lighting candles in their room. I have instructed all the desk clerks and housekeepers that we also do not allow any candles, open flames. or cooking devices/hotplates in the hotel. This is for the safety of all our guests. There was nothing racist or unprofessional about the hotel's dealing with this guest. These policies are for every guest that stays here.

I'm sorry, but if I stayed at a hotel and scored all 7 different categories that covered my stay a 1 out of 10, I would not stay at that hotel again. Especially since there are 30+ other hotels in the Ann Arbor area where this guest came from. And then he emails me about wanting to stay at our hotel again, but wanting a discount for his next stay....really?

When I replied to this guest, I wrote.......

"We feel that since your most recent stay was graded a 1 out of 10 in all categories, there is little we can do to make sure you are a satisfied guest if you stayed here again."

"We would prefer you stayed at another hotel from now on. Thank you."

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Our room reeked of urine. Later found out they allow pets and most likely the reason. The bathtub drain was clogged with hair and bugers on the shower walls. The bathroom floor was sticky. Unacceptable! The hotel is outdated and dirty. The beds were uncomfortable, uneven mattresses. I was harassed by a homeless man allowed to sleep in the lobby after I asked for an additional pillow. Staff was unfriendly. Lobby was too small. There wasn’t enough room and breakfast had to be brought to the room. Breakfast biscuits were rock hard and so were the stale oranges. Milk was spoiled. I would not recommend a stay at this location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank smartins11
Robert I, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

I'm sorry you did not have a better stay at our hotel.

I checked with all of the desk clerks working that weekend and we did not received any complaints like this from any guests during your stay. If we had we would have moved you or corrected it immediately. We had only 1 minor housekeeping complaint and we corrected it the next day. It wasn't yours.

It looks like this review is from the same soccer team than checked in and felt they could do whatever they wanted and disrupt our hotel. We had complaints about them most of the night, which our front desk staff handled. I can tell because they reference a "homeless man" who was actually A GUEST seated in our lobby on his phone, not bothering anyone. I checked the video.

This a hotel and people come here and expect a nice, quiet time. We do our best to make sure they get that.
I've contacted the booking agency and requested they don't put these particular teams at our hotel again. Our guests deserve better.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. Hotel seem nice, pool was small but the rest of the place was clean and decent for two nights. Once arriving we were "GIVEN" a list of requirements expected on our kids. I understand, as a parent its our job to control them. But, saying no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the hallway alone is a joke. With that said, we had SEVERAL and I mean SEVERAL issues with Rhonda the front desk lady. I wont list them, but if you have questions lets us know We have video proof of this. When i sent an email to the General Manager.. Robert Isley... His response was.. Its our job as a parent to control the children * I agree * When asked about a refund.. His response was * according to judge judy... you ate the steak you pay for the steak. That's your GM talking!!!!!!! A front desk person should never swear in front of guest, alone a child... never threaten a guest alone a child,,, or throw anything at a guest...alone a child... Enjoy your stay!!!!!!

Room tip: don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank letsplaygolf07
Robert I, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

I'm glad that you found our hotel met the needs of your soccer team this last weekend. With our clean rooms, indoor pool, hot buffet breakfast and other amenities, many of the teams we have hosted in the past have found us an excellent place to stay. I'm sorry your stay wasn't better.

We handed out a” Welcome Letter” at check in to all of our guests. It contained information on the hotel, breakfast hours, pool rules, and some policies we have enacted so that all of our guests have a nice, quiet stay. While most of the team members were well behaved, it only took a few “bad apples” that disregarded our policies and caused multiple complaints from our other guests. Even one of the parents from the girls soccer team told my morning desk clerk that “the kids were out of control.”

When our desk clerk got noise complaints, she acted on them and I'm sure she had to get forceful with some of them. I checked all of the video cameras from the weekend. I found no evidence of swearing, throwing things at a guest (unless it was a ball in the pool area that hit one of the lobby windows) or threatening (unless it was telling a guest it is our policy to evict people if we get multiple noise complaints about their room after 11 PM).

I was an assistant coach with 3 sports nuts for kids and our family traveled extensively for tournaments. Maybe it is because I am a “Hotel Person” but I covered everything with the team and the parents before we entered the hotel....be respectful, no yelling or running down the hallways, follow the rules. I kept an eye on our team the whole weekend. If someone stepped out of line I let them know it. Many desk clerks remarked to me at check out how well behaved our team was.

As for the refund....this guest “demanded” a “full refund” or he was going to contact his credit card company. Talk about threatening. If he had asked for some kind of adjustment I would have been glad to do it.

On our busy weekends from now on, we will make sure that the hotel is adequately staffed to handle all of the issues that occur so that all of our guests can have a nice, pleasant stay. I'm sure our many TripAdvisor guests will appreciate our efforts.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

The front desk worker was totally inappropriate in her actions. She swore at kids and should now be in customer service job. Old hotel that was not clean. A used towel was left on the hook on the back of the bathroom door. A bar of open used soap was left in the shower.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 6495msp

We're sorry you didn't have a better stay with us. We understand there were a few housekeeping issues with your room. We have taken steps to make sure our hotel is properly staffed at all times when we get large sports groups in again. I checked all of video cameras and found no evidence of swearing by any of the employees.

We had a staff meeting and covered everything that happened this past weekend. We'll do better next time.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Rhonda needs a hospitality class. Calling guests a$$hole$ in front of small children. Let a bum sleep in a chair in the front lobby and cruising at children you get into their room at 6 p.m. and to shut up bc they driving her crazy. Wow, how is this acceptable???? Our experience was beyond horrifying.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Robert I, General Manager at Quality Inn Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

I am sorry there were issues during your recent stay at our hotel. It is our job to make sure that all of our guests have a pleasant time during their stay with us.

We handed out a “No Party Policy” at check in to all of our guests to try to keep these issues from happening It was basically ignored by both sports teams in house. When people are not following the policies of the hotel and we get multiple complaints, it is up the the Manager-On-Duty to step in and handle the situation. She was being forceful because the kids and parents were not listening. As for the swearing, I did not see it on any of the video cameras.

We are a hotel, and like any other business, a retail store, a restaurant, etc. we expect our customers to act in s responsible manner and respect the employees and the other people using that same facility. This was not the case this past weekend. Even a parent from the girls soccer team mentioned the kids “Were out of control.” It is not our employee's job to make sure your kids are behaving themselves. YOU are the parents.

On our busy weekends from now on, we will make sure that the hotel is adequately staffed to handle all of the issues that occur and that our policies are enforced so that all of our guests can have a nice, pleasant stay.