All reviews waffles pool and hot tub room was clean would stay here again open hours convenient location night minimum wooded area nice stay free breakfast great pool labor day douglas saugatuck short drive we've stayed a great place to stay lobby
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We were not happy with the manager, actually rude, she never smiled no personality with anyone. The breakfast buffet continually was out of food and had to tell the person they were out of things, we left there and went out to breakfast as there was no food, bagels, muffins, eggs, waffle batter (she did fill that)silverware was out, there was no orange juice at 10am! We paid over $200 for one night and was counting on breakfast... Our room had no refrigerator, the beds were comfortable and pool was very nice and hot tub is large though half the jets were working. It is close to Saugatuck and the Brewery across the street was great.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Great facility and Staff. This is my second time staying at the hotel in 2 years and both times the pool was closed for maintenance. Disappointed with closed pool since that is the reason we chose this facility.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Very friendly, very clean, excellent hotel. Lots of good eats right in Douglas, just minutes from the hotel! You won't find a better hotel in this area for this price. The hot tub was clean and warm and the service was fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Justin S
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor Community. We aim to please and could not be happier to see that you enjoyed your visit and had been so well taken care of by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again as our guest in the near future.

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck / Douglas

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed overnight at the American for family funeral. I was greeted at the door by the receptionist. Sharon was very professional, very efficient and very nice. I got my room immediately. I was on the first floor. The rooms are adequate but a little dreary. They are badly in need of an update. The carpeting is also very dark either needs a deep cleaning or a different lighter color. The room is just very dark and just not inviting. I would highly recommend changing the shower head. The spray is very narrow and limited and there’s very low water pressure. Just after my shower I started to dry my hair. I hadn’t even used it five minutes when it stopped. Couldn’t get it to go back on for a while. It seems someone had left the setting on high. When I turned it to medium. I had no trouble at all. The heating and cooling unit in my room ,which is 112, made an annoying noise whenever the fan switched on or off. I thought someone was throwing a stone at the window or the unit. I have included the breakfast menu on the chalkboard.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank grannieonthego22

Dear grannieonthego22,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your most recent visit. We do wish it had been made under better circumstances and offer our condolences. Know that we value your thoughts as our guests' feedback is essential toward improving our services and facilities. The maintenance items you reported have been communicated to our engineering team so that they may be addressed for our future guests. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest.

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck / Douglas

Reviewed 14 January 2018

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck-Douglas is an excellent place to stay and a first for us. We began our journey from Western New York at 6:30 a.m. and arrived in Douglas at around 5 p.m. We were tired and needed a nice place to stay for the night. We drove through rain and heavy fog not knowing exactly where we were going. It was a business trip for both of us and we were relieved to find AmericInn. We were hungry so while we checked in we asked the gentleman if he could recommend a place to eat. He gave us a brochure and said we could have delicious pizza delivered or we could go just down the road to a local restaurant. He was very nice and very helpful. Our room was excellent too. We would stay here again without hesitation! Thank you AmericInn for your excellent hospitality!

Room Tip: we stayed on the first level. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Harriet S,

We cannot thank you enough for your many kind words. It is always our absolute pleasure to offer a home away from home from wary travelers such as yourself. Thank you for writing and for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck / Douglas. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saguatuck / Douglas