“Expensive and kind of bland”
Review of Terry B's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Terry B's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabulous food and drink in a cozy, comfortable setting. That’s what we’re all about. While the fresh, locally sourced food and the carefully selected beer, wine, and craft cocktails are at our core, we also wanted a cool place. Somewhere everyone feels comfortable. With options for private dining, a more lively spot like our bar, our enjoying a beautiful day out on the deck. The Fillmore Bar and Grill was founded on the idea of being just right. Not too big, not too small. Not snobby, but not your run-of- the-mill bar environment. The kind of place you’re excited to introduce a friend to. Or where you can relax at the end of a long day.
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

For the price it really didn't deliver. There menu was not really inventive. The salads were odd, the house really bland, the spinach was over powered by bacon. The scallop app was pretty good albeit very small and mussels didn't impress, the brussel sprouts were decent but not great. The short rib was a big disappointment, it tasted like it was slow cooked in water, bland,bland,bland and texture was off, the papardelle noodles were too think and the sauce was dead. Service was fine but for the price I would expect more than mediocre food.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Had a great time with old college roommate and girlfriend. Starter was cauliflower and Broc roasted . Did the corn and seafood chowder again great . Had a Salmon Caesar which was outstanding . Had a great bottle of wine . The service was very good . I think the menu is a little bit more regular with offerings for everyone . Try it you will like it .

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Came with my wife and in-laws as a thank you for a cruise they'd invited us on. Our server was very good, attentive and helpful with his knowledge and recommendations. We tried their speciality salad, 'panzanella', we really liked its balsamic reduction, I ordered the standard Caesar, which was equally good and thankfully came with anchovies. For the mains the cod 'fish and chips' were fine, nicely battered in tempura as were the salty fries they came with. Their risotto was ok, the pickled onion was too strong and overpowered the red pepper, asparagus, and mushroom flavours in the rice. The standout main was definitely the 'Short Rib', pappardelle pasta, mushrooms, chard, and cherry tomatoes in a rib reduction, very tasty! Dessert was ok, all in all we thought the chocolate beat out the peach panna cotta. We all had a good meal, and as mentioned the service was great. Recommended.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Our party was seated on a spacious, outdoor deck and were greeted nearly immediately by waiter Michael. I opened the menu. I wanted to order very one of the first eight starters and soup (roasted corn and seafood chowder). Imagine lime creme fraiche in the mussels, bacon jam with the scallops, fried brussel sprouts with pecorino, pork belly with grilled peach jam, etc. The scallops were perfectly cooked; the pork belly was the best I've ever had--with a topping of guanciale.

I would guess that Chef Adam's proudest entree would be the pork chop (huge and full of taste). The demi glace was to die for. A smoked apple sauce was a perfect accompaniment. Say what you will about green beans, here you'll find them sublime. Two people had the filet mignon, done to a T and over a rich sauce.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had eaten here several times in the past and never been disappointed. Several months ago we were contemplating going so we looked at the menu on line and then actually went to the restaurant in the afternoon to look at the menu. After finding that there was nothing that appealed to us, we decided to cross them off our list after expressing our displeasure at not offering a filet and other "normal" choices. Then just last week I looked on line again and found that they seemed to have returned to the "normal" menu. I called and sure enough, they had the filet on the menu.

We decided to go last night. We ordered the filet which was 8oz which we split and the house salad which we also split and enjoyed both as well as the dessert which was the "Chocolate". The service was excellent. My only complaint about the meal was that there was a bit more pepper in the sauce that was over the filet. Even too much for my husband who has a tendency to pepper everything.

I am pleased that they have returned to their more normal menu as I think that Terry B's is on the top of the list in quality restaurants in this area. My only wish is that there was a way to keep the noise level down. However, that is very dependent on the patrons.