1,083 results
All reviews front desk cobo center people mover queen suite great view of the river valet parking hart plaza corner room early check definitely stay here again the room was nice tigers game valet service ford field cp riverfront downtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While attending a conference at COBO in Detroit, I had the good fortune to stay at the Crowne, just across the street. From the moment that I arrived, each member of the staff (from the valet to the front desk to room service) was warm, professional, and responsive. The room was spacious and clean with an amazing view of the river from the 23rd floor. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Thank you, Crowne-Detroit!

Room tip: The higher the floor...the better the view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Elaine K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your gift of feedback- it's great to hear that your experience was outstanding and that you were treated with warmth and true hospitality by our staff.

We anticipate your conference next year-thank you for bringing your colleagues to Detroit for this event. It was a pleasure hosting your fantastic group of professionals at Crowne Plaza Detroit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very pleased with my stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Detroit. The staff was very pleasant and professional, especial the person who checked me in. The location was fabulous. My room was comfortable. with a fantastic view on downtown and the river. The only complaint is that the spa relaxing kit was missing the lotions. I called , however I had to call again in the morning to receive what was missing. I appreciate the fact that I was able to use the pool since I arrived earlier than 3 pm. Wonder if I had access to the club house, being in an executive suite? Was not offered this option.
Please that the registration personnel for their kindness.

Room tip: Corner rooms offer a great view
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for the kindness of your review and the gift of feedback. I'm so happy that our guest service made your stay memorable and that you will be visiting us again! Our hotel is known for our service-and for the way we enjoy greeting and treating our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall, the Crowne Plaza is a great downtown Detroit option. It is at a very good location, within reasonable walk to Greektown, and a bit further to the sporting venues. Being right across from the riverfront, this is a great option if attending at an event at Cobo Hall (convention center).

The lobby here was excellent; modern, and large. The rooms also great overall; the large and numerous windows (In my instance, overlooking the river and Cobo Hall) provided a fantastic feeling when in the room. The room was sizeable, with a lot of space to move around. The bathroom appeared to be small and oddly furnished, with the toilet and sink at odd angles. That is a very minor nit picking issue, though. Although the carpet and some of the furniture appeared older, they were clean, and everything in working order and good shape.

Some service "misses" prevented this from being a great review. Bar soap wasn't left at all in the bathroom (even on the sink). It was eventually delivered after a call to the front desk...only to be taken by housekeeping the next morning, and not replaced until making another phone call. Towels and coffee were not replaced during my three-night stay, making for additional calls to the front desk. The front desk, and those that delivered the items, were extremely friendly and apologetic, so no complaints there..it just seemed like a lot of "small misses" throughout the stay.

So all in all, not a bad stay..just a bit from being an "excellent" stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

I am genuinely sorry, however, to know that we were not able to meet your expectations in the upkeep of the room and the amenities we provide. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and it is with regret to know it was not the case during your stay. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest and appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Thank you again for visiting us, and I hope you will come to Detroit again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Walked into the room and found cleaning supplies. Couldn't tell if they were used, certain areas were not as one would expect to find in a hotel like the Crown Plaza. Towels found in the bathrooms appeared used with leftover hair on them.

Room tip: We only stayed one night, otherwise I would have asked for a different room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elaine K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront. It is my pleasure to discuss the concerns you had while staying in Detroit. I hope you will consider this experience to be below the normal for our hotel. Our team is working diligently to correct the areas in which we failed to meet your expectations.

I am genuinely sorry to know that we were not able to meet your expectations of the IHG brand, most especially with your room accommodations and the housekeeping supplies. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and it is with regret to know it was not the case during your stay. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest and appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront to attend Race Forward's Facing Race conference at the Cobo Center. I booked through hotels.com. The room was clean. (Thank you, Kenya!) The complimentary HOT breakfast buffet w/omelet bar (which I understand may not be complimentary to everyone) was delicious, and the menu changed each day I was there. The convenience for my travel purpose could not be beat, given the price. It was a tremendous value in my opinion. What drove me to write this review are the people on staff who made quite an impression on me. I cannot remember the name of the woman who checked me in, but she was patient as I fumbled around with my wallet and luggage and toddler who was overdue for a nap after a napless plane ride. Upon check out, it was snowing, and the hotel offered ponchos and umbrellas to guests. At check out Amina walked me and my daughter to the Cobo Center because I was really struggling with the luggage and toddler and car seat (for the plane home). (Thank you so much, Amina! Such kindness!) Before getting into conference mode, I wanted to spend some time with my daughter in Detroit. We went to the Michigan Science Center and another front desk staff person gave us such thorough directions explaining how to catch the People Mover (close by and we got complimentary tokens to use) or the QLine, which we actually used. There were so many resources the hotel had ready to share, like maps. It was all very helpful! I also loved the view of the river and Canada from my room. I would stay there again. I was very pleased. People make all the difference!

Room tip: Ask for the view you want!
1  Thank Nicole S
Elaine K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I wanted to take the time to Thank You again for this glowing review and the shout-out especially to Amina. We are so glad that you took the time to let us know how touched you were on this visit. Please stay again soon!