“Best Italian in the city!”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #1 of 1,247 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Amazing pasta dishes, fresh fish, incredible veal (no knife necessary) and great service! Consistent quality and atmosphere!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Located in an industrial area in southwest Detroit, little did I expect to find such an elegant and wonderful restaurant as Giovanni's. Inside it looks like an upscale restaurant one would find in the suburbs or downtown, and its food and wait staff are are excellent. But unlike higher-end restaurants, Giovanni's prices are reasonable. The menu offers a variety of selections and the 8 other people I dined with thoroughly enjoyed what they ordered.

Giovanni's is a perfect place for a special occasion and is suitable for a couple or a group. If your group is large and you want some privacy, ask for the Godfather Room.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

......always is and always has been the best of everything. Food, presentation, service. Always a must when going thru...

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

The food was delish, perfect sized portion with an attention to detail. Wine list was superb. But the waitress made the dining experience over the top, professional, attentive and genuine. We will be back!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Simply THE BEST Italian restaurant by far in Metro Detroit Area. For me, the best I’ve been to in the US so far.

Top-notch service: Debbie made our dinner even more pleasant. By the end of our dinner, my brother-in-law was giving her high five and sharing with her personal stories. She made us feel special and extremely comfortable. All our order had a little “touch” from her. She made excellent suggestions!!

Ambience: the classy, clean, and cozy ambience of the restaurant can’t be beat. Love the decor; I mean, loved the photos of the owner and her clan, which made de ambience more intimate. Debbie told us a little bit about those picture frames.

Food: words won’t do it justice. We had calamari as an appetizer (a must!!!!), I got potato gnocchi, my sister had the shrimp Giovanni, my hubby got the lasagna, and my in-law had veal. Everything cooked to perfection! I voted the shrimp to be the best - perhaps because I don’t eat red meat.
Even their house salad was amazing. Simple and delicious. Their house made honey balsamic dressing mixed with a bit of the Italian one was just perfect with the greens!! For dessert we got cannoli, flourless cake, and tiramisu (the latter a courtesy of the house!!). Cannoli was the best I’ve eaten. Loved it!!

Well.... we’ll definitely come back.
For the food you get and the service they provide, I don’t think the food is as pricey as most reviews have mentioned. I’m totally fine paying average $20-$30 for such a great food and for an outstanding service!
Look forward to coming back soon.

PS: I guess we spent around $240 for all that food, plus 2 cocktails, a bottle of wine, and a virgin cocktail. Don’t think it was too bad.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank patsyrib

Been to Giovanni's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK