All reviews people mover renaissance center ren cen valet parking convenience store jazz festival gm building ford field front desk staff comerica park breakfast buffet easy access tigers game nice view of the river would stay here again king suite nice stay
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

AVOID at ALL cost! This pains me to write, as I am from Detroit however I like being honest in my reviews! The valet parking is a NIGHTMARE and unfortunately mandatory as there is no parking in the surrounding area. Every single day of the 4 days we were here we waited over 30 minutes to either receive and/or turn our car in for parking. I don't have an issue paying, I do have an issue with terrible service and a staff that I can see is limited and overworked! The managers were not helpful lacking professional decorum. I didn't complain just decided to give a review and write a letter of complaint to corporate and general manager. Rooms were half cleaned with no fresh towels twice and upon requesting some to be sent up we were told we'd have to wait. This meant one 3 hours the first time and the NEXT morning the second time!! There was also the issue of no front counter service and having to wait until staff personnel appeared. I was embarrassed as it was a trip I suggested for many to cone in town and do for a concert and extended weekend of fun! I've travelled to many places in and outside of the country and by far the worse hotel experience I've ever had!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hello Latrice and first and foremost let us please offer a very sincere apology for the many issues you experienced while visiting with us. We're truly sorry for any and all disappointment as our goal is always to offer a very memorable and hassle-free experience for each and every Marriott guest. We understand that you noted a letter was sent to our general manager, however we want to assure that he's able to reach you as soon as possible about your visit. Should you have a moment, we hope you'll please forward your letter and/or any additional details of your visit along with proper contact information to courtyarddetroit@marriott.com so that we may assist. Once again, we're truly sorry and we do hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond and thank you also for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We arrived as two couples in town one night for a baseball game. We arrived about 4pm to a line of cars that stretched up Jefferson Ave waiting to be dropped with the valets for parking. It was quite chaotic but there was a hotel employee doing her best to direct the traffic. We checked in with a great guy named Justin and proceeded to our rooms. We booked king bed rooms and the bed was very comfortable. There was a few issues with the room; most of the wood surfaces in the bedroom were dusty and there was quite a lot of bits and pieces of dirt under the vanity in the bathroom. I was surprised to see any of this at a Marriott hotel. Strangely the tv turned itself on in the middle of the night and so did the tv in my sister's room. There was a fair bit of street noise on the 6th floor but no noise from inside the hotel itself.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hello KGD and thank you very much for taking the time to post such a thorough review about your visit. We'd like to apologize for any possible housekeeping issues that you encountered. You are correct that this is a disappointment and we'll be sure to pass your comments to our general manager for his review. Thank you for visiting Detroit, and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to se you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This hotel is in a PRIME location! Lots of restaurants and things to do. To get on the people mover you don't even need to go outside! It's right there! Room was very comfortable with a great view of the river. Cons: check in was at 3. I got there at 2:30. I was told I HAD to wait until 3 because the room wasn't cleaned. The front desk clerk said that they would not release rooms until 3 because they weren't ready. At 2:45p I noticed she started checking people in. I got into my room and it was cleaned, however the bathroom floor was not. This was a very busy hotel and the lobby was littered with empty water bottles scattered here and there. The lobby bathroom was very dirty. No soap, no TP in 2 stalls and the garbage was full. Valet was expensive and a bit haphazard. My car came out with a minor door ding. Those were the only downfalls. The rest was really quite great. With some minor improvements, this hotel would far exceed my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hello 411 and on behalf of our entire team here in Detroit, we wanted to apologize for the many issues you experienced while visiting. While we appreciate the very kind, four stars, we are terribly sorry for any disappointment. Our general manager would like the opportunity to speak with you about your visit. Should you have the time, we hope you'll please email us with details of your stay as well as proper contact information so that we may forward immediately. Once again, we appreciate you visiting and taking the time to post and we do look forward to hearing from you further.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Had a date night downtown and stayed at the Courtyard. Super busy checking in and we waited in line for about 15 mins but Justin at the front desk was really nice. Got upgraded to a King suite due to husband being Platinum elite. Room was spacious and modern with a nice view of the water.

Cons were that the room never got quite cool enough and when we woke up in the morning the bathroom sink had a bunch of little bugs in it....kind of like fruit flies. Not sure what was going on there. Would consider staying there again but may hesitate due to these two issues.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello and on behalf of our entire team here in Detroit, we wanted to thank you for taking the time to post about your visit. We apologize for the issues you note regarding your HVAC and most importantly your guest bath. Should you have a moment, we hope that you'll please email us at courtyarddetroit@marriott.com with details of your visit as well as proper contact information so that we may forward to our executive team for follow-up. Thank you again for visiting Detroit and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit is conveniently located across from the GM Renaissance Center and close enough to all the shops and restaurants on Woodward Avenue are no more than a two or three block walk. They have all the top stores including a huge Under Armor store and many other namebrand outfitters. You're also not that far from Comerica Park or Ford Field. You can hop the streetcar if you don't want to walk.

Spacious rooms, a beautiful lobby, and attached parking garage make this a perfect place to stay. The room size is more than you could possibly want with floor-to-ceiling windows and a great view of the Detroit Rivers in my case. The bathrooms are huge as well.

I would've liked more channels on the cable TV but what they had was adequate. However they didn't have Fox Sports Detroit so I couldn't watch the Tigers game. I was on the 14th floor. I would say it probably has 20 stories.

Nice gift shop in the lobby two with two bananas for a dollar. Hey you can't beat that. I think you'll enjoy the courtyard by Marriott downtown Detroit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Greetings Bob and thank you for the fabulous five star review! We appreciate you visiting and of course taking the time to post about your experience. It sounds like everything was on point throughout your stay. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed Detroit and we hope to see you again very soon. Until then, safe travels always!