“Great for an airport”
Review of Bigalora Cucina

Bigalora Cucina
Ranked #159 of 1,182 Restaurants in Detroit
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had a short layover. A sign said pizza in in ten minutes. We were sold.

We sat a table and ordered our pizza. Sure enough, ten minutes later a delicious wood fire pizza appeared. It was enough for two people. We quickly devoured the pie. The crust and sauce sure did please. I wish all airports could have a spot like this.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We had a lengthy layover in Detroit and went to Bigalora at 9am for some breakfast pizzas. You read that right! I had the "Farmhouse Egg" pizza--it had ricotta, mozzarella, zucchini, a light tomato sauce and an egg cooked to perfection in the center. So good!! It was the perfect size--I ended up letting my husband finish the last piece because we didn't want it to go to waste. The staff were excellent--very attentive and sensitive to time issues that come with airport clientele. Our food was out within less than 10 minutes. At $10 a piece, we felt the price was low considering that the local Neapolitan pizza place in our town charges almost twice that. And we live in Tennessee. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Had great service here and decor was chic and lively. Ordered the chicken parm and was underwhelmed. Tastes like my wife makes at home (and she is of German and Polish descent!). Sauce was bland and chicken needed to be pounded much thinner. Perhaps the pizza is better. Wish I tried that. Otherwise a good place!

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Had a nice meal here... better than expected actually. Nickie (our server) was super nice and good care of us. Our small chefs salad was perfect for sharing, since my wife and I were both having entrees. Her chicken Parmesan was good as was my bacco sausage pizza (though it could use a bit more sausage).

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We saw the lunch special on there signage. Worth it. Had the 12" pepperoni pizza & salad . Very welcoming restaurant.

Been to Bigalora Cucina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK