“German Visitor Impressed”
Review of The Henry Ford

The Henry Ford
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Dearborn
More attraction details
Owner description: Trace the history of the auto and our fascination with it along with other American inventions through the staggering collection of Henry Fords estate, which includes such memorabilia as the chair Abraham Lincoln sat in when he was assassinated and the limo in which John F. Kennedy was shot.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Hartland, MI
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“German Visitor Impressed”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We took a visiting scholar to give her the best history lesson one can receive all at one time at one location. She loved the planes, trains, and automobiles, and the special exhibit of presidential limos. we always recommend "the greatest American history attraction" to guests.

Visited October 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
Grand Blanc, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great museum ... terrible customer food service”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We visited the Henry Ford Museum last Saturday primarily to see the Titantic special exhibit. The museum itself did not disappoint. They displays remain first rate and are a delight to see. The Titanic exhibit was a bit disappointing due to the crowd which was allowed in during our scheduled time to be admitted. It was difficult to negotiate through the exhibit and long lines formed in front of each display. Patrons seemed to "park" in front of certain displays and never move along. Overall, though, I would recommend seeing it.

Unfortunately, the food service was a nightmare at the museum. We wanted some lunch and were directed to the Cafe, which had a line of about 100 people waiting to order at the counter. We then turned around and walked to the other end of the museum to the Weinermobile counter. There we encountered an equally long line which moved alone at a snail's pace. We waited 45 minutes for a cold hotdog served by a woman, working as the lone food prep employee, who was exhausted and acted like serving lunch to us was just about the last thing on Earth she'd like to be doing. The floor of the cafe in front of the service counter was covered with spilled food which was never cleaned up. The condiment counter was covered with dried and sticky ketchup. By the time we got our lunch my appetite was gone and I just wanted to leave. Later, we stopped by Ramy's cafe for a cup of coffee before our schedule Titanic entrance time, sat at the counter, only to be ignored by several workers and finally leaving. When asked if we could order, the waiter replied ... "I'll be with you in a minute ... we're trying to recover from our busy afternoon." She never returned.

The Henry Ford is a big museum that takes a good part of the day to negotiate through. Patrons are going to get hungry and need a decent place to eat. This experience was just ridiculous and I hope that management works on customer service in their food service division. People deserve better for the $27 ticket price.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank gbmom_11
Redford, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Titanic Exhibit was breathtaking, it ends in September.”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have lived near The Henry ford Museum and Greenfield Village my whole life. I worked in the village for two years on the train. I just adore everything about the place and every time they change something it is always better. I just went to see the Titanic Exhibit which will be there until September. It was $10 for the exhibit but you have to pay to get into the museum first, $17. You must buy a time slot for the Exhibit so it doesn't get overcrowded.

My mother, aunt and I had a nice lunch at the Michigan Cafe inside and while there were lines (we were there on a Saturday) the food was worth the wait. My turkey & swill wrap ($7.35 I believe) was delicious. It came with a small side of potato salad (I also had the choice of coleslaw or a bag of chips) and a pickle. My mother and aunt shared a Cherry chicken salad wrap and the pastie (not sure what kind) and mashed potatoes. They both loved their meals. We split a brownie with chocolate frosting for dessert but it was a bit rich for me. We then strolled around the museum for a bit until our scheduled time to enter the Titanic Event.

At the entrance to the Exhibit they hand you a boarding pass with the name and facts about a real passenger on the Titanic. The entire exhibit was a spectacular. It was a bit crowded but not too badly for a weekend day. It may have been more crowded if they hadn't made the Exhibit timed with entrances 15 minutes apart. They had a example of how the water must have felt to those who fell or jumped in and you could actually touch a piece of the titanic. It took us about 1 hour and 40 minutes to get through and we read and looked at each artifact and story. At the end you get to see if your passenger survived or was lost. The whole day was wonderful.

I love the museum and village so much. My family is at almost each event year round. While each event isn't for everyone, we take turns. I will say, the pricing is a bit high unless you spend the whole day there, but don't try to get the museum and village in one day. Each place takes a full day to really get the best out of it. I highly recommend others see this exhibit before it moves on to another location.

Visited April 2012
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“You have to go”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is such a great museum and has more than you may think. They bring in WONDERFUL special exhibits - example is Titanic is there right now. If you go just become a member because you get deals on the iMax theater, entrance to all the exhibits and discounts on the special exhibits. It is a great thing to do with your friends, family or kids. They just redesigned the car exhibit and made it even more interactive.

Visited March 2012
Livonia, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“GO!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Henry Ford is a great place to visit. If the weather keeps you out of Greenfield Village for the day, you won't be disappointed in this place.

Visited June 2011