“It was above average!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
Kalamazoo
“It was above average!”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

After having issues with lodging in the Flint area, I decided to give this hotel a whirl. I'm glad I did! It was clean, and it looks like it's been updated recently. The parking lot was even getting resurfaced while I was there. The t.v. was huge! It made watching Monday Night Football more fun! There was also a nice selection of channels. Despite being just off of the highway, it was pretty quiet. The rooms were large and the bathroom had a shower with nice water pressure. Also, the bathroom actually had a vent that worked, and not one of those air circulation pieces of crap that doesn't do anthing. There are a few eating places nearby (nothing four star, but it'll do.) The breakfast was just middle of the road. A nearby traffic light made getting in and out easy. The only knock is that the staff didn't seemed overly outgoing while I was there, but they weren't rude by any means. All and all, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I saw, they all seemed good.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelbobKalamazoo
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you so much for the complimentary review! I have been hearing great things from our guests about the Newly Renovated rooms, all with the 42’ TV’s. We look forward to this winter as we plan to continue some of our renovations and finish the rest of the rooms soon. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Morden, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Comfortable, clean motel. Great one night stay. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you so much for the compliments and nice review! I am always pleased to hear when one of our Guests has enjoyed their stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family came in from out of town and they really loved their stay here. They are worldwide travelers and only stay in clean very well maintained hotels. They love the decor and friendliness of the staff here. They will definitly be back! : )

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Katie197522,

Thank you so much for the compliments and wonderful review! (again!) I am so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!

Travis
Manager
Lowell, Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Double queen room very outdated and stinky. Room smells like musty mold and smoke. Carpet stained, has burn holes and there is actually a square cut out and glued back. The bed box springs are coming apart. You can actually see stuffing falling out of the side of the bed. The list goes on!!

• Stayed July 2011
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am sorry your stay with us did not live up to your expectations.

Whenever anyone makes a reservation or walks in to get a room, we are always very clear about the types of rooms we have available and what rooms we are offering to you.

The Hotel is currently at a point where half of our rooms are recently renovated and the other half are not. Some of these rooms that are Not Renovated were Previously Smoking rooms until the law was passed not allowing smoking in public buildings. We are always very upfront about this. Some of our guests choose to stay in these rooms due to the Price being Less than our newly renovated rooms. They have been happy with their stays because they were informed about the room in the beginning and it saves them money for their stay.

I always suggest to everyone (whether staying here with us or at any hotel): If you are unhappy with your room, please let the Front Desk know right away. This gives them the opportunity to make it right by offering you another room or possibly give other options to resolve your dissatisfaction.

I hope you will stay with us again. May I suggest you try one of our Newly Renovated rooms during your next stay? I think you will be pleasantly surprised how nice they are.
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I wouldn't recommend making reservations for this place. They don't cancel reservations when asked to and now I'm stuck with a $700.00+ bill they say I owe them. I called the end of March to cancel my reservations for 8 rooms and the girl that answered was extremely busy and said she would call me right back and do the cancellation with me. But she never did, so I assumed (which was wrong of me) she did cancel it! Now they say I'm responsible for this bill! Because I don't have a cancellation number. This is absurd, it's not my fault they hire incompetent employees that don't follow through when their supposed too. I will tell everyone I know NOT to ever stay at Comfort Inn in Davison and plan on making sure it gets put on facebook and anywhere else I can put it.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, period!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
To KLZ_51,

Thank you for your comments. As it was explained to you, we do not show any record of your reservations for the 9 rooms being canceled. Anytime a reservation is canceled, a cancelation number is always given. Without those numbers, or even a specific date / time that you called, or name of whom you spoke with, there is no documentation that you did cancel.

Since the rooms were still reserved and guaranteed with a Credit Card, the rooms were held for you. When no one shows to check into those rooms, you are charged for them as a "Guaranteed - No Show", as we did hold them for you and could not sell them to anyone else. Being that it was a sold out night for us, we could have sold those rooms many times over if they had in fact been canceled, which prevents me from being able to make any adjustments to your bill.

I feel my staff did everything they could to help prevent this situation. We never call future guests, however with this amount of rooms, we did decide to break our rule and give you a ‘courtesy phone call’ to the number you provided, on the day prior to your arrival date and again on the date of arrival to reconfirm you would need these rooms.

I am sorry this situation occurred and find it unfortunate that you felt the need to post this comment. As I have said before, if you find documentation proving your cancelation, please forward it to us for review.

Travis
Manager
Comfort Inn Davison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davison
15.9 km away
19.0 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
18.3 km away
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Best Western Davison Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK