1,735 results
All reviewscrown metropolluxe kingpool arealuxe viewloft suiteatrium restaurantroom servicespa roomcar parkswan riverbistro guillaumegreat roommodo miomy birthdayfood courtan upgradevalet parking
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Just wanted an overnight adventure and picked Crown as we hadn't stayed here before. What a beautiful hotel. Service excellent, room perfect and more than comfortable. No request was too difficult. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Being from Perth, I booked this room for one night to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th. I mentioned upon booking it was for a special occasion but this wasn't acknowledged at all - even at check-in. It just made it seem very impersonal. The room was beautiful however it did seem quite busy that weekend and customer service in general suffered as a result.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Selenator1989
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Selenator1989,

Thank you for your review and a belated happy birthday to your partner.

I am sorry to hear that this milestone was not acknowledged on arrival - we aim to provide a personalised experience for all of our guests, and I am naturally disappointed we were unsuccessful on this occasion. I will ensure this feedback is shared with the team as part of our ongoing training.

On a more positive note, I am pleased that you found your guest room "beautiful" and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Hotel is nice and the rooms are OK. It is some kilometers away from the City of Perth located on the other side of the Swan River. There is a Casino in the hotel and the flair is like a Hotel in Las Vegas. If you like gambling you may love it. If you stay at the hotel for vacation or business you may miss the service of a first class hotel. The staff is polite but not very helpfull and I had not the feeling that I was as a guest of any importance or very welcome. If you stay there you should walk to the park on the way to the city. If you have luck you will find some Kangoro freely jumping around.

Room Tip: Take a room with City view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeMueller2014
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear JoeMueller2014,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to note your feedback concerning my team as we aim to provide all of our guests with above and beyond service at all times. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail to understand where we can make improvements. If you are amenable, our Duty Manager can be reached on +61 8 9362-7684.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel for the swimming pools but could not enjoy them because the temperature of the water was just to cold. The bucket with our upside down empty bottle of sparkling wine (part of our package) stayed in our room for 3 nights, the toilet kept running. Next to that the hotel is not really in walking distance from Perth, so if you are not in to gambling you are stuck. The for mentioned comment was also given at the reception when checking out, and would be passed to the management. The only reaction we had was a survey by email, were we mentioned the above again. This stay was very disappointing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wim S
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Wim S,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy our outdoor swimming pool. While we do not heat this pool, we do have an indoor facility which is heated year round. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you during the stay.

I have noted your feedback concerning the maintenance and housekeeping issues in your guest room and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Rest assured, I will be following this up with the concerned departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a more positive experience in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Hotel architect must have worked on cruise ship design before doing this hotel. (see my photo) This massive hotel must have 90% of the mirrors and chrome made in Australia. The atrium could house a football pitch. Our room was large and very well appointed. The large bathroom / wc / shower was separated from the sleeping area by a sliding glass panel, why? Two swimming pools. Outside pool has plenty of loungers. Don't come here if you get vertigo as the floors are accessed by glass lifts from the atrium, my wife had to shut her eyes while going up and down to our 6th floor room. The hotel is part of a massive complex including a casino a theatre and conference facilities. Hotel and the complex has about 9 restaurants most of which are very expensive. However there are some dining places if you are on a restricted budget. Hotel is about 3 miles from centre of Perth so taxis, trains or a one hour walk are necessary if you wish to visit the city centre. No real negatives except the housekeeping quality control could be improved as on two occasions used bedding and a towel were left behind after the room was made up and on one occasion the room had not been made by about 3pm. There is free wi-fi for guests which allows two devices to be used for email and limited internet use. This last for 24 hours only and users have to sign in again each day. If higher use is needed then this costs about £10 per day.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple