“Getting better”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I boycotted this hotel about 3 years ago because I could no longer put up with poor check in / check out experience, poor plumbing, poor tv reception and dirty rooms experienced on many visits. However I decided to return and give it another try. I’m very pleased to see a big improvement. There has been a revamp and the plumbing is fixed, the tv is really good and the rooms are cleaner. The check in experience on one occasion was great but on the next trip had the same old problem where the receptionist could hardly speak English and makes communicating very hard. This is a nice hotel with plenty of facilities and the Casino but is also full of weekend yobbos and thousands of Asian customers. If you want to go to the casino and have nightlife then this is the place to go. If not, there are plenty of other nice hotels in Perth.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just wanted an overnight adventure and picked Crown as we hadn't stayed here before. What a beautiful hotel. Service excellent, room perfect and more than comfortable. No request was too difficult. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being from Perth, I booked this room for one night to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th. I mentioned upon booking it was for a special occasion but this wasn't acknowledged at all - even at check-in. It just made it seem very impersonal. The room was beautiful however it did seem quite busy that weekend and customer service in general suffered as a result.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Selenator1989
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Selenator1989,

Thank you for your review and a belated happy birthday to your partner.

I am sorry to hear that this milestone was not acknowledged on arrival - we aim to provide a personalised experience for all of our guests, and I am naturally disappointed we were unsuccessful on this occasion. I will ensure this feedback is shared with the team as part of our ongoing training.

On a more positive note, I am pleased that you found your guest room "beautiful" and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Hotel is nice and the rooms are OK. It is some kilometers away from the City of Perth located on the other side of the Swan River. There is a Casino in the hotel and the flair is like a Hotel in Las Vegas. If you like gambling you may love it. If you stay at the hotel for vacation or business you may miss the service of a first class hotel. The staff is polite but not very helpfull and I had not the feeling that I was as a guest of any importance or very welcome. If you stay there you should walk to the park on the way to the city. If you have luck you will find some Kangoro freely jumping around.

Room Tip: Take a room with City view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeMueller2014

Dear JoeMueller2014,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to note your feedback concerning my team as we aim to provide all of our guests with above and beyond service at all times. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail to understand where we can make improvements. If you are amenable, our Duty Manager can be reached on +61 8 9362-7684.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel for the swimming pools but could not enjoy them because the temperature of the water was just to cold. The bucket with our upside down empty bottle of sparkling wine (part of our package) stayed in our room for 3 nights, the toilet kept running. Next to that the hotel is not really in walking distance from Perth, so if you are not in to gambling you are stuck. The for mentioned comment was also given at the reception when checking out, and would be passed to the management. The only reaction we had was a survey by email, were we mentioned the above again. This stay was very disappointing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wim S

Dear Wim S,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy our outdoor swimming pool. While we do not heat this pool, we do have an indoor facility which is heated year round. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you during the stay.

I have noted your feedback concerning the maintenance and housekeeping issues in your guest room and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Rest assured, I will be following this up with the concerned departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a more positive experience in the near future.

Crown Metropol Perth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#15 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK