We have stayed in the crown a few times and frequent the restaurants every other week. The rooms are enjoyable with a great semi open plan. Restaurants are the highlight of the area. Because we stay at many hotels around the world it's quite often the finer details that make a stay enjoyable, and this is where the Crown disappointed us, and the grossly expensive extras.
- $12 for a teeny tiny bowl of frozen chips
- $29.95 for their slowest internet per day. I can say this is the first time in the world I have had to pay for the internet at a hotel, even maccas offer it for free.
- $40 per hour if you wanted to stay past 11am on check out day
- not enough toiletries for four people
- you can see straight into other peoples room through the car park facing windows (unless your into that sort of thing!)
- if you don't have a credit card, they will take another $100 from your debit card for the pleasure.
- poor breakfast options
- great service from pool attendant
- clean room
- fast checkout
- great restaurant choice
So overall the rooms are nice but my gripes were the extra costs that are extremely exorbitant and not worth the outlay, especially if you compare to the 6.5 billion dollar hotel Marina bay sands which is about the same price if not cheaper but has far more inclusions and 10x better facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the banks of the world-famous Swan River overlooking the stunning sun kissed backdrop of the Perth city skyline, Crown Metropol Perth redefines luxury accommodation offering a distinctive, modern and unmistakably luxurious escape.Each of Crown Metropol Perth’s guest rooms are abundant with space and natural light and feature high-tech entertainment facilities, plush furnishings and spacious bathrooms, plus guests have access to our renowned resort-style pool area and children’s zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown Metropol Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Burswood Hotel Perth