1,749 results
All reviews crown metropol luxe king pool area luxe view loft suite atrium restaurant room service spa room car park swan river bistro guillaume great room modo mio my birthday food court an upgrade valet parking
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights recently and have to say that for the prices they charge this was a let down. Having had the (mis) fortune to travel regularly to similar "luxury" hotels in Asia, US and the UK I'm afraid that there were many frustrating issues that suggest the hotel is far from five star, despite the ridiculous prices being charged.

Sadly just too many niggles, combined with the ridiculously high prices everywhere, means that it's unlikely that I'll return. I don't like to leave anywhere feeling ripped off.

GOOD POINTS:
Only 25 mins from the airport, despite the roadworks (caution for anyone in a rush to the CBD, this has been ongoing for some time and expected to last for many many more months).

Quick check in in a vast reception area. Hotel has been refurbished and looks excellent. The rooms themselves are terrific, not huge but a very good size. Bed was great, table, chair, couch, large plasma screen tv and a very large bath with sliding french doors that allow you to watch tv ! Most enjoyable.

Robes were fabulous, best I've ever encountered and the additional touches (toothpaste, razor/cream etc) were very handy.

In room dining (evening) was great, chilli crab linguine. Quick delivery, huge portion and very tasty. One of the best I've enjoyed.

The gym was well equipped and quiet when I attended both times.

Outside pool facilities looked great, shame I had little time to enjoy it.

Plenty of restaurants in the surrounding area, as well as the casino.

Staff, almost without exception, were excellent. Attentive, polite and friendly.

NOT SO GOOD POINTS:
Money, money, money - be warned. At $235 per night I really do not expect to then pay $34 for internet services. Absolutely ridiculous and a complete rip off. I cannot recall the last time I paid for internet at a hotel. For the amount of money this place clearly generates it is astonishing that they charge this.

Breakfast - in room breakfast consisting of a ridiculously small coffee, a very small bircher muesli and 2 small boxes of cereal - $37. I pay less and get more in better 5 star hotels in Sydey, London and Hong Kong. Again, I feel ripped off. Incidentally, running out of nutri grain (or any cereal) is pretty poor.

Lunch - similar to the above. I ordered room service just after arriving. $30 or so for a coffee (again one size only - tiny !) and a club sandwich (with a bowl of fries). Probably $10-12 more than I would usually pay in a similar hotel.

Water - $8.20 for a bottle of water ?! Whilst other similar hotels also charge high prices they also provide a small botte free.

Noisy AirCon - whilst you can set the temperature you cannot turn the a/c off - despite what it says in the room and on the control pad. The noise was ridiculous, not helped by the mother of all fans (clearly on the Rolls Royce Olympic Fan setting) in the toilet that was also constantly on and extremely loud - why is this necessary ? After a few hours in the room they sent out an engineer. He was very apologetic, tried to reduce the aircon noise but was unable to - a new setting/aircon was recently installed in the hotel. He suggested I moved rooms. I explained to Reception and apologised for being a light sleeper. They moved me (hoorah) but to a room seven doors down with exactly the same problem ! I therefore spent four nights with disturbed sleep. Having explained myself it was a complete waste of time to move me. And for $235 a night, noisy air con is not acceptable.

Noise (again) - I returned from a brief visit to the gym to find the speaker making a rather loud buzzing noise. Engineer spent 30 mins trying to fix it, eventually telling me that I could only use his room access card and never to remove it whilst I was staying. Bizarre, but it did fix the problem !

Renovations/Noise - There is work going on around the hotel so expect noise from 7am. Sadly I was on the first floor overlooking the carpark, perhaps its better in a different location.

Location - terrific for the casino, high end restaurants or the local concert venue. Nothing of any note though here. 15 min cab ride to the CBD, nowhere really to wander to.

Taxis - no taxi rank at the front/reception area so sent down to the carpark behind the casino. Waited 15 minutes but nothing. Back to reception who then said I could get one at the front ! This happened several times. Given the amount of people getting taxis surely one dedicated area is necessary rather than sending people to different locations.

Room Tip: Ask about Aircon noise and avoid facing car park as there is likely to be noise from the nearby building works
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Haggis_Supper
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here before it was refurbed and i was dissapointed but this time it was great - room was superb (air con nice and cold) and the food buffet excellent. My preference when staying in Perth from now on. I recoin they should be providing free wifi to guests - that wouldn't break the bank and would make it perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The location of this hotel is the only reason we booked it, as we were going for a meal at the crown complex, so for nights out at the casino it is perfect. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the room was really nice, however it was expensive. No complaints at all for this place apart from the price, if you want convenience and comfort and dont mind splashing out on a swanky room then this is the place for you. If you are going for a night out at the complex it saves you having to get a cab to another equally expensive hotel somewhere in the city where you may only save yourself $100 or so.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Not worth the money, we paid $430.00 per night, we got there and had to find parking, we then had to lug all of our bags to the lobby and wait 40 minutes in line like cattle to check inn, when we finally got to our room which was per booked and fully paid for I might add, the room was dirty the chair had food on it and the sliding divider into the bathroom was thick of dust, we went out the. Next day shopping at 9:30am and got back at 2:30 our room had not been made. We then decided to go to dinner, whilst at dinner we observed the wine waiter decanting in drank wine back into wine bottles and putting back on the shelf. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: The hotel is not worth the money they are asking, defentley not a five star hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amanda C
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Amanda C, Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to read of your experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you in detail, particularly the cleanliness of your room and your observations in the restaurant. This is not our standard and I apologise for your experience with us.

When convenient please feel free to contact me on 08 9362 8888. I look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

Reviewed 30 October 2012

after staying at the crown metropol melbourne a number of times I thought we would stay in Perth rather than travel away for a special weekend . The upgrade is really stylish and loved the pool area. The room we had was also of a standard to that of the metropol Melbourne ( please do something with that dreaded green lower level roof top that pool view rooms look down on, as it takes away from the beautiful pool view)
Now it has taken some effort to join tripadvisor to post this but I just had to.
The lack of service , attention to the slightest bit of basic hospitality was experienced consistently from poolside staff. Seriously how did these employees get past the interview ? The repeated "stuff ups " got to the point that we and other guests present were laughing at the situation , it got beyond walking over to the bar to try and rectify the mistakes . For some strange reason I started feeling embarrassed for the staff. But the thing is the " jokes" on us as I still had to pay top dollar for the experience.
Management need to train these people ASAP as this tainted our whole experience and confirms why we travel interstate or overseas to pay the money commensurate with a level of service expected . I am sure Mr Packer would not want his name attached to the circus on show Poolside.
More than willing to go into this with management to assist in training these people . Please get it right Perth needs to have a facility like you have provided but needs the service to go with it ..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 11smb

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the room and pool areas as well as the standard of your room. Thanks for your feedback on the green roof, this will be looked into.

I am disappointed to hear your feedback on the service you recieved via the poolside bar & grill. We do have an extensive training regime, but I do appreciate your comments and I apologise that your experience was tainted due to the circumstances you experienced. I have passed your comments onto our Food and Beverage team for review. Please be assusred that this is not the standard of service we strive to provide.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Crown Metropol Perth in the near future.

Kind Regards,