1,772 results
All reviews crown metropol luxe king luxe view loft suite pool area atrium restaurant room service spa room water slides car park bistro guillaume swan river great room modo mio my birthday an upgrade food court
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at Crown for 2 nights. The rooms are amazing. The bed is HUGE! I would recommend searching for deals- we purchased a package that included 2 massages at the spa, buffet breakfast & valet parking. The pool area is beautiful but the cocktails are a bit average. The day spa is AMAZING! The gyms pretty ordinary but all you need for a holiday work out. There were renovations still being done in the hotel but they didn't bother us. The only thing I didn't like was the weird door for the bathroom because you can leave it open for the world to see - I guess it was so you can sit in the bath & look at the view.

Overall It was an expensive weekend but well worth it.

"Treat yo self"

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband booked a room (extra with city view) for 2 nights over the weekend as a birthday gift for me.
The Valet people were excellent which was a good start but that's where it ended. There was a massive line that went almost till the 'lobby lounge' area for check in. Once we were in the room it had dust bunnies everywhere on tiled area and there was pubic hair in the bath.
The staff at poolside eatery (when it's open only on weekends) are unhelpful and unconcerned, not to mention lack of al la carte eateries for breakfast on a Saturday morning, everything opens at 11 or you pay for a buffet you don't want.
The staff in the atrium were fine except a couple who were extremely rude and left me reeling.
The nightclub (a novelty for an oldie) music was horrible no wonder it was seemingly empty, I've been to some of the best casino clubs in Vegas on a Saturday night and the Eve nightclub was that bad even the barely legals were having a hard time finding their groove to the resident DJ's bad mixing and poor choice.
Overall my experience was paltry and left me with such a feeling of utter disappointment.
I have received better service from resorts in Cancun Mexico and Bali from workers who can barely speak English but they always make you feel like you are a guest, at the crown you feel more like an inconvenience, an Aunty visiting from out of town that imposes on your hospitality for the weekend.
I honestly don't think I will be dropping my hard earned cash here again, and considering we ate every meal at the hotel (room service was tasty) and we spent several thousands on various eateries, it's not something I would happily do again.
Until the crown trains their staff to treat the guests as guests they will lose more local visitors and will rely more in international and interstate travelers.

Oh and to top it off when we checked out (yet another 15 minute wait) the customer service rep asked how our stay was, we offered to fill in a survey/suggestion form and there was nine at the reception desk after a thorough search, wow.
The Valet was once again prompt and friendly when they got our car, the hotels only saving grace.
Thanks for a memorable experience Crown, Pull your head in.

4  Thank Boss0079
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

I was pleased to see that your arrival and departure experience with our Valet team was prompt and friendly.

I am disappointed to read your feedback on the room, poolside, Atrium and nightclub and assure you that your feedback has been passed on to our teams. We do conduct extensive training across all areas here at Crown Perth, however I do sincerely apologise for the service you experienced. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you when convenient. I can be contacted on 08 9362 8888.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking to you.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

Reviewed 11 October 2012

During our stay, rennovations were nearing completion. The result is fantastic. A great hotel. Our room (River/ City view) was very spacious, quiet, comfortable and well appointed. Lots of dining choices and a great atmsophere in the lobby bar in the evening.

Staff were, mostly, friendly and helpful. However, we could have been put off by our 'first impressions', as the porter staff at the front of the hotel were rude and unhelpful during what was obviously a busy afternoon. Turns out that we stopped in the wrong place when we arrived (unknowingly- no signage, no one to direct us) and we very rudely told off! We felt like school kids in the Principal's office. Where was the service? Where was the friendly, helpful welcome? Non-Existent.

Lobby buffet restaurant is pricey- but the dessert bar, alone, is worth the cost!

Room tip: Pay extra for a city/river view room. Definitely worthwhile.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Recently stayed on business and was very impressed with the new modern rooms.
Lovely big bath with french doors to open into the main bedroom so you can watch the telly. Excellent,,
Good modern fittings and so so comfy bed.
Price maybe a little high but could not fault this room at all.
I will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Troydan7
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed one night in a standard twin room, and can happily report that the renovated rooms are gorgeous. Modern without being tacky, the rooms boast brilliant bathrooms, nice seating areas and great technology. Certainly an improvement from the Intercontinental days! Bathroom amenities were great too.

However, I can certainly confirm some of the concerns that other Tripadvisor reviewers have raised.
- Room service. Room service has decent food, but it was semi-cold on arrival and the delivery lady left without opening the Heineken bottle (I know what you're thinking, what Australian doesn't have a bottle opener...well, it was a long day for us. Admittedly, trying to find a bottle opener in the minibar at 2am is kind of hilarious, however, our search was ultimately futile.)
- Breakfast. Has improved from recent times. However, the traditional options were better than the Asian dishes, which were bland and tasted like they were reheated frozen meals.
- Internet. Ludicrous fees for internet. American hotels manage to charge half of Crown Metropol's rate.
- Sleep quality. Pillows were decent but not super comfortable.
- Front desk and valet staff were great, but F&B staff need to lift their game, both in the new restaurants and in planned functions (see below)

(Skip this paragraph if you'll never attend/organise a wedding here). Servers at the wedding we went to were inexperienced and quite frankly a joke. Toasting to a marriage with water? Repeatedly? Yep, that's what you get when your waitress forgets to serve half the table! She went around with bottles for some tables and missed people by random, even AFTER she had already asked patrons whether they wanted white or red. Why ask if you aren't going to deliver? How can you pour a drink for one person but then ignore the person next to them? After waiting an hour for a soft drink that never came, I confronted the staff member about her poor service. Soon after, guests on the other side of the room reported similar failings with drinks, and also confirmed that their servers couldn't manage to serve banquet food onto plates (some people were given big portions, some were given skimpy portions.) Use tongs if a serving spoon and fork confuse the hell out of you. Function staff need to wake up or go home. Or maybe try their luck in the casino, where they might encounter better odds for their efforts.

So overall, happy with Crown's takeover. Just don't be afraid to ask twice – or thrice – for your drink or meal.

Room tip: Pay the extra $50 to get a room with a view. Otherwise you'll overlook roofing, the car park and the artificial pond.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bd472
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for your review on our Hotel.

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, as well as the service by our Front Office and Valet teams. I have taken into account your feedback on the room service, breakfast offering and internet and appreciate you comments. As far as our minibar I apologise for the inconvenience in not finding the bottle opener, the bottle opener is located in the mirror cabinet above the minibar fridge.

I was disappointed to to hear your feedback on your experience at the wedding function. I have passed this information onto our Crown Events & Conferences team for investigation. We have an experienced and customer focussed team in our conferencing department, but I apologise that we were unable to deliver this service on this ocassion.

Thanks once again for your feedback on Crown Metropol Perth and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,