“Expected free wifi in a five-star hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed in this hotel for four nights during September. Hotel is quite close to the CBD area and will take around 15-18mins to reach the CBD area by cab. The room is spacious and the beds are cosy. But there is no free wi-fi in the room or hotel lobby unless we pay $29 for Internet usage just for a day. My family decided not to use the Internet but had been charged a fee for using the Internet during the last day when we had to settle our bill. We tried asking the staff at the reception counter but she insisted that we had used the Internet. Ended up we have to pay for the wifi charges even though we didn't use the Internet at all.
Food in the hotel is pricey as well but there are some cheaper alternatives like the buffet(very limited choices) and food court.
Overall,room rates are overpriced given the services provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank htphtp
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that you found the room spacious and the beds cozy. Whilst our pricing for internet is comparable with most Perth city hotels in our category, I apologise that you were charged when you didnt use the internet. Please feel free to contact our Hotel Duty Manager on +618 9292 7684, to review the charges on your account.

Thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at Crown for 2 nights. The rooms are amazing. The bed is HUGE! I would recommend searching for deals- we purchased a package that included 2 massages at the spa, buffet breakfast & valet parking. The pool area is beautiful but the cocktails are a bit average. The day spa is AMAZING! The gyms pretty ordinary but all you need for a holiday work out. There were renovations still being done in the hotel but they didn't bother us. The only thing I didn't like was the weird door for the bathroom because you can leave it open for the world to see - I guess it was so you can sit in the bath & look at the view.

Overall It was an expensive weekend but well worth it.

"Treat yo self"

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband booked a room (extra with city view) for 2 nights over the weekend as a birthday gift for me.
The Valet people were excellent which was a good start but that's where it ended. There was a massive line that went almost till the 'lobby lounge' area for check in. Once we were in the room it had dust bunnies everywhere on tiled area and there was pubic hair in the bath.
The staff at poolside eatery (when it's open only on weekends) are unhelpful and unconcerned, not to mention lack of al la carte eateries for breakfast on a Saturday morning, everything opens at 11 or you pay for a buffet you don't want.
The staff in the atrium were fine except a couple who were extremely rude and left me reeling.
The nightclub (a novelty for an oldie) music was horrible no wonder it was seemingly empty, I've been to some of the best casino clubs in Vegas on a Saturday night and the Eve nightclub was that bad even the barely legals were having a hard time finding their groove to the resident DJ's bad mixing and poor choice.
Overall my experience was paltry and left me with such a feeling of utter disappointment.
I have received better service from resorts in Cancun Mexico and Bali from workers who can barely speak English but they always make you feel like you are a guest, at the crown you feel more like an inconvenience, an Aunty visiting from out of town that imposes on your hospitality for the weekend.
I honestly don't think I will be dropping my hard earned cash here again, and considering we ate every meal at the hotel (room service was tasty) and we spent several thousands on various eateries, it's not something I would happily do again.
Until the crown trains their staff to treat the guests as guests they will lose more local visitors and will rely more in international and interstate travelers.

Oh and to top it off when we checked out (yet another 15 minute wait) the customer service rep asked how our stay was, we offered to fill in a survey/suggestion form and there was nine at the reception desk after a thorough search, wow.
The Valet was once again prompt and friendly when they got our car, the hotels only saving grace.
Thanks for a memorable experience Crown, Pull your head in.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Boss0079
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

I was pleased to see that your arrival and departure experience with our Valet team was prompt and friendly.

I am disappointed to read your feedback on the room, poolside, Atrium and nightclub and assure you that your feedback has been passed on to our teams. We do conduct extensive training across all areas here at Crown Perth, however I do sincerely apologise for the service you experienced. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you when convenient. I can be contacted on 08 9362 8888.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking to you.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz

Reviewed 11 October 2012

During our stay, rennovations were nearing completion. The result is fantastic. A great hotel. Our room (River/ City view) was very spacious, quiet, comfortable and well appointed. Lots of dining choices and a great atmsophere in the lobby bar in the evening.

Staff were, mostly, friendly and helpful. However, we could have been put off by our 'first impressions', as the porter staff at the front of the hotel were rude and unhelpful during what was obviously a busy afternoon. Turns out that we stopped in the wrong place when we arrived (unknowingly- no signage, no one to direct us) and we very rudely told off! We felt like school kids in the Principal's office. Where was the service? Where was the friendly, helpful welcome? Non-Existent.

Lobby buffet restaurant is pricey- but the dessert bar, alone, is worth the cost!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a city/river view room. Definitely worthwhile.