“Wedding Night.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Room was located above foyer and buffet restuarant, so there was alot of noise during the night and early morning with construction workers using crane lifts in foyer. Walls must be thin as I woke at 6am hearing the room next to us doing.... it... and then after they had finished the wake up alarm in the vacant room was going off so I had to ring reception to ask if someone could turn it off. So woke up super early being married and went downstairs to the breakfast, and yep if you cant be satisfied with this selection then nothing can. I would have thought the hotel would do something special for wedding night/honeymooners but we didnt get anything. It was expensive $500 a night, which included breakfast, thats it. I paid for a club spa room, nice view but probably not worth that.

Room Tip: try not to get a room overlooking the foyer area as very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brandyloons
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback and a belated Congratulations on your wedding. I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed as a result of our ongoing renovations for which I apologise. I do hope that you were informed of the ongoing modernisation of our hotel.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at The Atrium and I will ensure your feedback is passed onto our team. Having booked a Club Spa room, I'm hoping you had an opportunity to avail of our pre-dinner drinks and canapes in our lounge.

Thank you for your feedback once again and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to Crown Metropol Perth in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Hello everyone,

Well had a stopover night before going on to Broome, so decided to stay at the new Crown Metropol Perth. I'm always very honest with my reviews and here are the facts about this location.

Source a good price. If your rate is more than $400 a night for a basic low level Luxe room, you could have done better. The rooms are fantastic, you will think they are great. New, very nice modern bathrooms. As you walk into the lobby to check in most likely you will reach for your camera to take a quick pic of the amazing interior structure. With the staff you may feel the service is a bit rehearsed, being a new takeover hotel a lot of them will be new to their roles, but that's understandable, with time the genuine factor will naturally come. Some funky restaurants & bars in the complex, some may be too fancy & expensive for certain people, some not. But there are eating choices for everyone.

Burswood is a good location to stay, don't worry if you're thinking perhaps I should have booked Perth CBD as by hire car or taxi it's only 10mins tops!

So overall, stay if your rate is not at a over the top premium. You will leave a happy guest.

• Stayed: September 2012
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review Crown Metropol Perth.

I was pleased to read your feedback on our new rooms and am glad that you enjoyed your room and the facilities at Crown Perth. We are constantly refining our customer service offering across the team at Crown Metropol and appreciate your feedback.

Thanks once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Wow just spent our anniversary here and were given a lovely bottle of wine as a surprise. We booked the King Spa and had beautiful River views. The room at around $400 came with breakfast and you could have complimentary pre-dinner drinks and canapes from around 5p.m. til 7 p.m. ?? I think that was the hours. Our check-in was smooth. Hubby organised a card and roses to be put in the room before we got there which was done. We were granted early check-in at 1p.m. and it just seemed nothing was too much for the staff. We even asked for late check-out in the morning (12p.m.) which again was granted. Thanks to the lovely desk staff who made our check-in and out simply easy peasy. You have to see the amazing new pool area. We love this place and will always come back because of the location to the casino and the beautiful restaurants located within the building. We tried Modo Mio for the first time and it didn't disappoint.

Room Tip: Book well in advance for cheaper rate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crab67tkf

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you had and enjoyable stay with us on your anniversary and am delighted to hear that our team were able to assist you in ensuring your stay with us was exceptional.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you at Crown Metropol Perth in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

After the mixed reviews online, I wasn't too sure what to expect at the Crown Metropol, but I was pleasantly surprised. I have seen a few negative comments on the service, but with 1 exception, everyone that I had dealings with was unfailingly polite, postitive and helpful. I loved the amenity box, and the fact that the room had a decent hairdryer! As you would expect from the style of hotel to room was a good size and the bed was lovely (although the pillows were very average), the bathroom was also lovely, and I loved the robes. I think that given the price of the room it was a bit rich to charge as much as they do for 24 hours of wifi, but thats pretty standard in this country unfortunately. It was a lovely room and a nice experience, fortunately work picked up the tab for the accommodation, I don't think I would have forked out the price if it was my money.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor if you don't like the smell of stale tobacco
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dani096
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights last week. I am used to the Intercontinental service and found the new Crown Metropol service and facilities disappointing. My room however, was fine - clean, comfortable and quiet. When travelling alone for business I prefer to eat in my room. The room service menu was very limited (apparently renovations to the hotel limit the options that they can provide even though there are many restaurants in the complex) and staff, including the chef, very unknowledgeable, or at least very unhelpful, about gluten free options, which is very unusual in a hotel of this size and star rating. On the first night I ordered a dish of chicken with sauteed mushrooms and mashed potato with a serve of steamed vegetables on the side (from my conversation with the chef I understood that there was no gluten in the meal and certainly can't see why there would be), but I received a meal of chicken with steamed green vegetables (no mash or mushrooms) and a plate of steamed green vegetables (nothing else) on the side. As I was trying for a balanced meal it didn't cut the mustard. If there was gluten in the mash and mushrooms then and the steamed greens was the only substitute they could find, they could have at least let me know and cancelled the order for a side of steamed veg (or provided something with a bit more variety). For the next night I attempted to find a restaurant option (for a gluten free meal) through the consierge but they were also unable to help.
Breakfast in my room was very, very expensive and very, very ordinary.
I was also disappointed in the ambiance of the hotel. It clearly is a casino first with a focus on that side of things and not somewhere that I would want to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travelbugsbitten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#15 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK