1,735 results
All reviewscrown metropolluxe kingpool arealuxe viewloft suiteatrium restaurantroom servicespa roomcar parkswan riverbistro guillaumegreat roommodo miomy birthdayfood courtan upgradevalet parking
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Its claims to be 5 star, bur rather disappointing with the standards. The multi culture employee hired by the management are to be trained much better to meet standards. We found housekeeping staffs who were speaking in a different language at the corridor simply ignoring us as the guest. In addition to their ignorance made us feel not valued for money. looks although their conflict seems more important that guest services.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Currently in the midst of renovations, but the improvement is already apparent. It is obvious that a great deal of thought has gone into the decor and general setting / feel of the hotel. The style is luxury art-deco and it clearly works. The pool area (great for both adults and kids) and the gym are fantastic. The rooms are very impressive - great bathroom and good furniture create a very comfortable setting.

Staff are fantastic and the level of assistance is great without being overbearing.

All up the contribution of great service and facilities at the Crown Metropol has lifted the bar for Perth hotels.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Metropol on business, on the night they were changing their name from Intercontinental to Crown. Inital impressions are good, the hotel is going for an art deco theme, lots of black, creams and greys, and everything looks plush and swanky. Reception staff were great, efficent and friendly. Being female, I did feel like I was stepping into a mans world as majority of guests were men. They all seemed to be well known by staff as well so clearly they keep coming back which is good for the hotel.

My room was on the thrid floor. All floors are atrium style and all face into the reception and bar areas. My initial thoughts on the room was that it was great. Very spacious, large bathroom with a great bathtub, nice view, big windows (that do not open), 5 star fittings and fixtures. The bed was comfy, as was the sofa, chair and desk area. My first night was spent in my room with room service. Ordering room service was a funny experience, where the man who took my order called me love and explained, after a big sigh, that i'd have to wait at least 50 minutes for my order, 'love'! Sleep was difficult due to a very noisy bar/restaurant area which carried right up to my floor.

Overall this is a top hotel, however it is located a little way away from the CBD (10 minutes drive maybe?), and it's noisy so if you are looking for a good nights sleep, then book a room much higher up. Finally I just want to say that this hotel for some reason, is a little grating, but i'm not sure why? Maybe it's all surface glitz and glamour and lacking a little soul. Maybe it's becasue they are trying so hard to build a mini-Melbourne out there in Burswood rather than come up with their own thing, I'm not really sure, but I do know I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I wrote a review for this property when it was a an Intercontinental giving it an excellent rating, how things have changed in a year.The brand has gone and so has the service! I found that everything had moved down 2 levels. Charges increased for small things and the club was well oversold. There would have been 30 more in there than there was comfortable space for. Room service was slow and the menu was not as good as last time. I was also overcharged on my bill that took 20 mins to fix. If the rapid decline continues it probably should re brand as Motel 6. Just not good enough. Too noisy!!!

4  Thank Lechiffre1
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Love this place when I travel over for work (which is monthly), the rooms are big, it is out of the city which is handy for me as I head South for work, casino next door, stunning bathrooms, great pool in warmer months. Only small issue for me is as I stay for a week at a time the room service menu is not varied enough and is similar to restaurants below so there is not a huge amount of variety.

Room Tip: have been doing reno's so check before you get your room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business