See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel looks good at first. The rooms are large and modern, but the TV was antiquated, with a poor picture and selection of channels. The promised free wifi was very slow in the room, although better in the public areas. The air conditioning not up to standard, an issue because my ground floor room opened directly onto the car park meaning that I could not open the window for security reasons. Of course this meant that the view was awful. A colleague was was also staying in the hotel in a back room overlooking the town enjoyed a far better vista. The outside pool was quite good although next to a road. I did not try the spa. Breakfast was reasonable but the coffee was bad and despite asking each morning for fresh coffee it never arrived. I ate in the restaurant once - again not bad, but a very limited menu.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, for a good view
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We’ve been in this hotel for three nights last August, my general opinion is quite positive, the staff was really friendly and tried their best to make us feel comfortable, whether at front desk, pool bar or breakfast they were very nice and available to help us with whatever we needed. The hotel is recent and has good conditions, though here and there you can already notice signs of some lack of maintenance. The rooms were spacious and with all the necessary conditions for a 4 stars hotel, at breakfast the variety could be better, though nothing of really importance was missing. The surroundings are pretty much desert, however and within 1km walk, you can reach the centre of small town “Estarreja”. There you have a few restaurants, markets and coffees where you can blend with locals, I always love to know more about towns I visit. More positive points about this hotel are the pool, gym and the mini-golf. We enjoyed a very nice time in the pool, the hotel is not that big, so you can easily find sunbeds and relax, not having the usual problems around pool areas to get you one sunbed. The gym is excellent, though we haven’t used, we made a visit just to check the general conditions, and they were really nice, they’ve made a cleaver decision opening the gym to the general public, getting from there conditions to invest on better equipment. Finally the mini-golf, very nice and definitely a great option to spend some quality time with your kids.
As finally tip, choose a pool view room, really nice with a view over the fields, especially if compared with others with view to the parking lot.
As I said before, my general opinion is quiet positive and I really enjoyed my time there, seeing it as a great escape to relax.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rui_Silva
Reviewed 21 June 2012

For a 4 star hotel, at least with good signs directions en route, I found the room a bit spartan, expecting some better quality furniture (not pine like), better TV (prehistoric cathodic model with awful reception even for portuguese channels), and some clean drapes (not stained as I had in my room). Tried the spa and was aghast at what was called "indoor pool", nothing but a jacuzzi like pool (photograph on hotel site greatly exagerated) were 3 adults make a crowd already; went to the gym but has it is seemingly opened to people outside the hotel, it was crowded already at 19pm...
At dinner tried the hotel restaurant and sincerely, even as the food was fresh and well cooked, the taste was absent and more in line with the low price for a 4 star hotel, really overrated.
Kudos for the bed matress (although the open window when I checked in made possible the introduction of several pesky gnats which made an inferno of my sleep) and the tasty breakfast.
Good for a quick business stayover but nothing more.

Room tip: "careful to not choose rooms with view to the outside pool, gnats alert!"
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

A surprisingly large hotel for a town that is not known as a tourist destination. That's partly because the hotel is out of the centre, without being in the countryside either, and functions as a resort, in that it has a large outdoor pool, a very small indoor pool, a sauna, a jacuzzi,and a Turkish Bath (but this needs refurbishing I would say), mini-golf, tennis court, and a reasonably-priced restaurant. However, we went there because they had Sport TV1 in the rooms, and so we were quite satisfied as long as that worked. For the rest, we availed ourselves of all the facilities and never felt the need to leave the hotel, although we are locals, so that would probably not be an option for people seeing Portugal. Still, we found it great value for money and the staff were really friendly and helpful as well.

Room tip: A room overlooking the pool would be better than on the other side.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2011

At first we were disappointed to find the hotel was a 25 minutes drive north of Aveiro in the small village of Estarreja. Besides that the hotel is great with several facilities which enhanced our stay: outside (and indoor) pool, tennis court and a well equipped gym. We did not use the spa facilities. The restaurant gave excellent value.

Date of stay: July 2011