New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The ConCorde Inn

and 1 more site!
The ConCorde Inn
Denver, Colorado
“Unprofessional, Ill-mannered, Unhelpful Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Upon arrival late night I was greeted with an unprofessional demeanor at front desk. I realized then that hotel problems would be mine to take ownership of and solve. Problem1.) No luggage cart to unload van full of luggage-Response at front desk ."I don't know where it is, somebody used it and did not bring it back" I went through all 4 floors looking for cart that could not be found. Came to lobby asked again
" we don't know where it is" fifteen minutes later banquet room brought out food carts for me to use. Problem 2.) Breakfast buffett til 10a.m. ran out of sausage at 9:40 a.m. I asked why no sausage.Response from front desk, she became argumentative about not being able to do anything and said I'm the only one here and walked away. Response from kitchen worker " I'm having a meeting with my manager " I asked why now and to speak to the manager who came out and said it's too late to make more, breakfast is over at in 20 minutes. She then agreed to make more and extend breakfast til 10:30am then came out and extended it to 11am. there were only 5 people in the room. Upon bringing out about 60 pieces of sausage she said "there, I made more,eat like a big boy" is that all you are going to take, go ahead, eat more". Next day at breakfast, with a room full of poeple, breakfast buffett ran out of big plates, mike, and eggs. Worker was wiping counter in and out of room and empting trash bags. Many people were looking around for food that was not there. A lady told the front desk " they are are out of milk, plates,eggs and I'm out of patients. I left never to see what happened. At check out the girl at the front desk said "all we can do is ask kitchen to make more food".

No one ever said --I don't know but I will find out and help you -or upon leaving --was there anything we could have done to make your stay more plesent. This hotel needs a marketing consultant to conduct a survey and develope a customer satisfaction report.

Hotel is strictly a venue for weddings and guests, with a staff that possesses a lack of interest, knowledge and leadership about how best to accomodate guests.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank soup001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kapaa, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I was worried when we read the reviews about rude staff and condoms for sale in the lobby! But it wasn't THAT bad. True; front staff was not particularly warm and friendly; no greetings as we entered the building, no good morning when we came to the desk with questions, etc. But the room had a lovely jacuzzi tub and was largely quiet. The elevators smelled funny and the halls and doors and furnishings looked worn. Some of the previous glamour was hidden under the grunginess that is developing there. It has a really great fitness area (although it is a club, not just for hotel guests) with a great lap pool, sauna, racquetball room. I didn't eat at the lounge there. There is a continental breakfast available. The power went out while we were there - no one notified us or provided any info about why or how long but it was back on when we got back from the day's events; was unable to call front desk because that meant the phones (including the front desk phone) was not working either. Free wifi was nice but slow. Parking was more than adequate. I did see lots of small dogs but none were problematic while I was there. Extra towels were available to pick up on request from front desk. No "do not disturb" sign for our room. There was a frig, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. The last night we were there, they did not completely clean our room; it was like they started, got distracted, and never came back so our garbage was overflowing that night, ran low on TP, etc. But they had obviously been in there. ...just replaced the coffee and put a towel in there and that was it. Weird. Cheap uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank rockgull
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

We as a family wanted to let you know how wonderful our son and daughter in-law wedding was. From the start to finish everything was perfect. The food the rooms and most importanly the staf was great.We thank you for all your hard work ,for making the twq special people very happy.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank larryb01
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here at Concorde Inn, we are both into working out and swimming to stay in shape, during our stay we used your gym and pool area,I was really impressed by your malegym worker , I cant remember his name, but he was a larger built man. He was pleasant and helpful showing us around the facility and helping us with different exercises and giving us very sound nutritional advise. He was very knowledgeable about fitness and nutrition. He was also having to deal with an unruly bunch of youngsters having a gathering and still managed to conduct himself in a professional manner as the mother of the group was getting rude. I just watched and listened and watched the children act wild and with no supervision by parents. Some older woman were discussing they were upset because one of the boys mooned her and brought it to the workers attention and he at that point excused himself and had to go take care of it. He was very professional and helpful from my perspective, I would come again. I also thought the lady at the breakfast Bar Cheryl is such a kind and pleasant lady , who also made my stay worth coming back. So I would return to Concorde Inn because of the nice gym worker I think his name is Brian and the breakfast bar lady Cheryl. Thanks for doing your jobs and giving your all someone does appreciate it!! me and my husband

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lynn19550
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after our wedding. The staff was rude, we got a prank call in the middle of the night telling us to keep the TV down when we both were sleeping without the TV on. The manager the next morning was less sincere with his "apology." We also asked to have a later checkout than normal but the next morning we got a bang on our door by the housekeeping staff telling us it was check out time and we needed to get out. We told them we had a later checkout time, as approved by the staff the day before. They told us they knew nothing about it and we needed to get out in 15 minutes. Rude!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

11.9 km away
Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica
9.4 km away
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#2 of 6 in Sterling Heights

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK