“Decent Dinner”

Add it.
China Buffet
Ranked #27 of 36 Restaurants in Cheboygan
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Since we live in a town without many resturant options, we used to eat here approximately once a month. We have enjoyed the food here 50% of the time. Sometimes hot. Sometimes cold. Sometimes fresh. Sometimes not so much. One time at lunch we sat for 10 minutes waiting for the foods we liked to be refilled. There were many empty containers. We kept hearing, "Just 5 more minutes. Eat something else while you wait.". We were not interested in filling up on foods we disliked while we waited! We waited approximately a total of 15 minutes. We finally got up to leave. One of the waitresses was yelling at us from the back of the resturant, "Wait! Wait! Just 5 more minutes!". We hoped to keep a low profile as we left, but unfortunately that didn't happen. The food is hit or miss for sure.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

great sushi. good to great buffet. Usual service as you would expect.Owner noticed our interest in the sushi on previous visits and asked us to call her when we returned so she could make extra for us. freshly prepared, tasty. owner can be brisk but if given a smile and compliments becomes very engaging. would recommend. standard items on buffet were well prepared and did not appear to have sat around to long.

1  Thank lkpa67
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Each time I come here I explain to them I had bariatric surgery and can only get a couple things. I never go back for seconds. They are just so rude each time. I am always with several people so I am never alone. The kids really like it or I would never come here. The rudest people I have ever had to deal with.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

We were here this past Sunday. Thought they opened at 11am. Tried the door at 10:50am as lighted sign was "open" but hours posted on door was 12p on Sundays. Door was unlocked so I peeked in and the chef was preparing the buffet set up and warmly insisted we come in. He sat us and explained 15 more minutes until full buffet was ready so we had soup while waiting. When we left I had asked the hostess what time they open...11:30am on Sundays. So, very kind to welcome us in 40 minutes early and we had soup and buffet by 11:10am. Everything is fresh and full of flavor here!

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

The lady was so rude and disrespectful right from the start. The food is great we always liked going there. After she treated we got treated so bad. i would never go back. We asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and she told us no theres not one in. We ask her what her name was she looked at like she couldnt understand us.