“the price is right!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Serenity Meadow Kitchen
Serenity Meadow Master Bedroom
Serenity Meadow Guest Bedroom
Serenity Meadow Second Story Deck
Abbeys from a birds eye view
Downtown Charlevoix Lake Michigan Lighthouse
Downtown Charlevoix Lake Michigan Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

skibran
Chicago
“Just ok”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Stayed 3 nights at Serenity Meadows. Clean. No bugs found. 2 bedrooms. Bathroom big. No view from room. Deck with table, grill, hammock, someone else's full ashtray and a view of a pile of sticks and garbage in the yard waiting to be burned, luckily it was too cold to hang out on the deck. Kitchen with appliances. Heat. Don't know about air, it was quite cool out while we were there. Living room with small tv, DVD, WiFi. They accepted our dogs, which seems to be a hard thing to find in a MI rental. Apartment is up many stairs. There was some confusion as to which apartment we would be renting, as her email confirmed us in the other one they have available. About 5 minutes from downtown Charlevoix. Truly wasn't what I was looking for but finding rental that allows pets is difficult in the area.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Sep 2015
Yes you are correct. The clearly described as located on the second floor (12 stairs up) Serenity Meadow Suite is very clean and has no bugs. It also has so many other amenities. Big bathroom, 2 bedrooms, central heat and air conditioning, kitchen with appliances, medium sized flat screen TV, DVD player, wireless internet, am fm radio CD player, deck with table and chairs, cafe umbrella, grill, hammock to mention a few. And WE DO ACCEPT PETS!!!

I am sorry that you experienced confusion about the exact apartment you requested to reserve as I inadvertently called it by the wrong name in an email to you. I corrected that mistake 2 minutes later with a follow up email telling you I had just made that error for I wanted to make sure that I didn't confuse you. (Please refer to the time stamp on these 2 emails.)

The deck of the Serenity Meadow Suite is one of the nicest features of that Unit. I apologize for housekeeping for forgetting to empty the ashtray on the deck from the previous guests. As far as the “piles of sticks and garbage”, just prior to your arrival we had done some landscaping and trimming of trees and put them in a pile to be burnt along with a few empty cardboard boxes. That morning before you arrived our county put into effect a “no burn” order because it had gotten so dry. I am sorry that you did not get an opportunity to take advantage of our deck and all that it had to offer. I know that once you would have had a chance to sit out there and take in the beauty of the rolling meadows and woods, the tree trimming pile would not have been that noticeable.

Since you yourself had listed so many positive things about Abbeys,I have to tell you that I am disappointed that you only gave me 3 stars - especially in light of the fact that you already know that trying to find places that accept pets is a bit challenging. Just saying. :-(

We were happy to have you all stay with us here at Abbeys. I especially liked your dog and he may come back and stay with us whenever he wants! WOOF WOOF!!!

Gods blessings.

Abbey
<(((><
candy h
Utica, Michigan
“the price is right!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful , neat apartment. Roomy. Everything you could ask for. Lovely deck with pleasant view. Very nice hosts...have thought of everything.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: homey atmosphere, clean & orderly
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Pennymohr
“Quiet, well appointed, comfortable suite in the countryside.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

If you want a quiet, comfortable place to stay that is close to some of the most beautiful places to see in Northern Michigan, this is the right place for you. Within 10 minutes of Charlevoix, 20 minutes of Petoskey, and close to the picturesque Jordan River and old haunts of Hemingway, this place is well situated, but away from the hustle and bustle so you can relax in the evening. I went running in the Ransom Nature Preserve, about 5 minutes away. The suite has free wifi, a reasonably well appointed kitchen and the owners are very nice, but they give you your space. This was a delightful find.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing