“It was a cold and windy night ...”

Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Mequon
“It was a cold and windy night ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

... and there was no insulation around the air conditioner. The breeze blew right into the living room of the Harbor Suite. We stuffed towels around the air conditioner, so we only had to suffer the slight breeze blowing through the door.

Nice location ... walkable to downtown Charlevoix.

This hotel is not worn out ... but it is worn. There were no lamps to read by ... had to make do with the overhead track lighting.

The rack rate for this hotel room is $168. Thank goodness we had a Groupon deal ... and even at $95, I think it was overpriced ... especially for April.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I would most definitely recommend staying at the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I stayed in a Jacuzzi room which was very nice! The room was very clean and up to date .. I loved the 2 person Jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. The beds were very comfortable and the view of Lake Michigan from the balcony was awesome! The staff was very nice and helpful. I also loved that everything was within walking distance from the hotel!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank katz5403
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend needed a few nights away from the city and grew up morel hunting so we decided to visit charlevoix to get away and go on a trip down memory lane. The room we checked into had a view of the lake only accessible from the balcony but still a great place to look out and enjoy the quiet, we also had a fireplace with complimentary logs both days. It was a great add on to atmosphere and a little extra warmth as the weather had gotten colder than we expected. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, they were happy to answer any questions we had and give us directions anywhere we wanted. I know I will be back to experience this peace a lot sooner and hopefully when the sun is shining and I can take advantage of the pool and beach that is in walking distance!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Citychickgr
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Loved our stay at the weathervane... Very clean, courteous staff and just a short walk to all the great little shops and restaurants downtown... Not to mention the awesome lake Michigan sunsets... Definitely will stay again :)

• Stayed September 2011
Howell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

A while back I saw a Groupon for this hotel..err motel…and read the reviews here before purchasing. A friend of ours also got in on the deal, and we recently traveled to the motel to redeem them. When booking we were told we would get a suite with 2 queen beds. When we got to the room it was a smallish 1 bed room with a massive oldish looking hot tub placed in a half wall where you can look straight through to the bathroom area. The lake view was blocked unless you stood in one spot on the balcony.

Needing 2 beds I went to see what was up. Here is the one compliment I have for this place, the desk staff was very nice. They told me it is 2 beds, I just need to pull out the couch. Ummm, that’s not a 2 bed room. I got moved to another room with 2 real beds – but it was emphasized I would lose my lake view—as if I had one to begin with.

The room we got reeked of stale smoke or mold or something. The table in the room was sticky, and it was dirty. In fact, the door in the bathroom leading out to the room was brown with dirt, paint was chipping off the wall, the doorwall, etc. I made the mistake of looking down in the crease where the wall and floor come together in the bathroom and saw pubic hairs – we had just arrived, so no one in my party could claim ownership. Drop ceilings in the bathroom. The shower was moldy (see pictures). They even got creative with switch plate covers (also in the pics).

This place had all the charm of an ill-kept cabin in some far off creepy forest. I’d take a Knight’s Inn (if they are still around) before this place.

I certainly will not be back.

Room Tip: Not all lake view rooms really have a view (the lake is a ways off). If this is important make sure...