“Best Chinese Restaurant in town”
Review of Chop stick house

Chop stick house
Ranked #38 of 198 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have been living in Canton for over 30 years and my mom loves Asian foods especially Chinese foods, so I have tried many of them in and near town. Chop Stick House is the best. The foods are good with friendly services. Unlike majority Chinese restaurants, this place has clean bathrooms! The music is nice and relaxing, and the interior decoration is the oriental style but not the typical red China! We have been eating at this place many times because of its good foods; the decent prices and the nice and relaxing atmosphere also help! Why standing in line waiting for a long time at nearby restaurants on Friday nights when you can be quickly served with smiles at this hidden wonderful restaurant? I happened to try at this restaurant on a Friday night!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The waitstaff was very nice, although not always around. The food is not what I expected when I read pepper chicken. I was expecting either jalapenos (or some sort of spicy pepper) or black pepper. It was just bell pepper (red/green), onion and chicken with a sweet sauce. I unfortunately do not like sweet foods. But it was all cook thoroughly. Many others may like it.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I found this restaurant menu in my hotel room and after reading the reviews thought I would try. We ordered the sesame cold noodles, orange chicken with fried rice. The noodles were less than desirable as the sauce was grainy almost tasting as though there was undissolved sugar in it. The chicken was very tough although I did like the taste of the sauce and the pieces that were cooked properly tasted good. The rice was so crispy I couldn't eat it. It was extra extra crispy. I felt as though because it was a late order I received the days leftovers. The delivery to the hotel was a convenient option but not worth it if you don't enjoy the food.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Chinese restaurant's are either very good or not so much. Chop stick house serves fresh delicious food. Last night we ate dinner started with hot & sour soup it was seasoned perfectly, next we enjoyed spare ribs, they were meaty - yummmm​. Our main courses were shrimp with lobster sauce & fried shrimp with hot sauce (on the side). One of my all time favorite dishes is Shrimp with lobster sauce, the Chop Stick house really makes this dish extra delightful it's light, saucy, lots of shrimp & my rice soaked it up! The fried shrimp were flash fried in tempera a light batter, nice crunch & the sauce was tasty, I added hot pepper sauce to mine. The best part? No MSG!
Thanks for another good meal.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

On a recent visit I felt adventurous and ordered something I never heard of, Tung-Ting shrimp with vegetables. The waiter described it in halting English so I kept my fingers crossed. It turned out to be excellent: large shrimp and veggies in a white egg sauce - yummy. We had an egg roll which was good and the soups were also excellent (they were served with nice fried noodles). My wife ordered shrimp Lo Mein which was rather boring, it always is. It was one of the cheapest items on the menu and came with baby shrimp. One nice feature was hot tea that was free even with a second pot.
It's a nice comfortable, friendly place and although the service was a bit slow we will definitely go there again in the near future.