“Back to The Bricks Stay”

Burton Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burton
Windsor, Canada
“Back to The Bricks Stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2010

It wasn't a fancy hotel, but the staff was friendly and helpful. It is a budget hotel and will probably be upgraded soon. Yes there was a dead bug in the light. . We had a group of 8 and plan to return this year with a much larger group. Our only compaint is pan handlers or scammers asking for money in the parking lot area which is beyond the hotel's control. Just a word of caution, don't listen to sob stories asking for money. Next time we'll know better and only carry traveller's cheques. Obviously I'd stay again. If you want better quality then pay $150+ per night.

• Stayed August 2009
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
grand rapids
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I had an unexpected stay in Flint and was brought to the Super 8. The service at the counter was nice, the bullet proof glass was alittle scary. As for the room, I know Super 8 is a budget hotel, but my room was a train wreck. One of the beds had red spots on the sheets, the carpet had many stains on it. While I was in the shower, two different fixtures broke and fell to the floor, and the two chairs in the room were very uncomfortable. There was a nice little breakfast consisting of cereal and bagels that were pretty good. If I had to stay in Flint again, I would find something else.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jsbusch

Travellers are raving about these Burton hotels

michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2010

What d'ya expect for $40 a night? I mean - [--] you got breakfast? For $40 a night at most places you get bullet holes and a suitcase full of roaches the next morning. I hate people who stay at off the highway MOTELS and a expect five-star HOTEL experience. [--]!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2009

The Super 8 in Burton, MI was really cheap (US$42 with AAA/CAA discount) and just off I-69.
I arrived late, and was a little put-off by the prominent, adjacent restaurant whose neon sign was needing repair and a hotel front desk situated comfortably behind a secure glass wall like a check cashing agency. So, I was pleased to find that my non-smoking room was very clean, but a little worn (an open seam in the carpet, a missing baseboard in the bathroom) and had the typical motel-musty smell (easily disipated by running the fan or A/C). But the free wi-fi didn't work, and no one at the front desk answered my call... But I figured that since it was after midnight, email was not that important and I'd just go to sleep.

A much bigger problem arose at breakfast when I realized that the milk was sour and the front desk clerk didn't believe me. I remain astounded by her indifference since guests could have gotten really sick. The problem was addressed and "Larry? the Houseman" even lent a sympathetic ear, but still - what establishment serves bad milk at breakfast!??! Are they trying to kill their clientele?

On the plus side: I was assured the parking lot was under video surveillance and late at night (1 am), I did see a police cruiser slowly patrol the parking lot, which was reassuring.

The bottom line: for a cheap night off the freeway, I would stay here again (I just might avoid the breakfast). It was a clean, quiet room that let me sleep soundly and watch some cable tv after a long drive... But I don't think my wife would ever consider stepping foot inside after my experience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 19 February 2009

There was a big storm on the highway and the roads were bad. The closest hotel we found near the highway was the super 8. I had to appreciate the fact that we were safe off the roads, but I will never stay at one of these places again if I have the choice. It looked and felt dirty, old and dingy. I guess when you have the choice though, it was close to the highway and cheap.

• Stayed December 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton
8.4 km away
10.6 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
8.9 km away
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport

Been to Burton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK