“Dining in with take out food and service.”
Review of Big Bear Lodge LLC

Big Bear Lodge LLC
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If I wanted to look at a menu on my phone I would have called in a take out order. When we finally got a menu it was a poorly done print from the internet. And, just like a home delivery all the food came at one. The starter, soup, salad and main course just spread out letting the food grow cold as we tried to eat the salad. My dinner, the fishermans platter was burnt. It was obvious that the cook tried to turn the burnt side down, but it was so burt the sides of the scallops were even black. The edges of the salmon crisp and black, the side served down black, dry and nasty.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed 12 November 2020

Veterans Day special! What a deal. ... and the Big Bear Pizza is cooked on a stone oven and always good. Oh, you had to wait, but what do you expect when 'free Pizza' is being dealt out!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Storyteller-N03
Reviewed 31 October 2020

I have been here before and was very satisfied. Not this time. 3 of us waited one hour to get our food, which made us late for our next venue. We were there about 4:30 on a Tues, so the place was not full. The filet was med well instead of med rare, but time did not permit us to send it back. The cabbage with the pork had way too much clove, could not eat it, The lemon shrimp however, was very good. The waitress was not attentive, waited forever just for salt and pepper. It's doubtful if we'll return.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020

We went during Covid, and when you walked in, they wanted you to download the menu on your phone. This is a terrible idea. They have such a large menu, it would take an hour to go through all the pages on a phone, plus for seniors the print is way too small. We asked for a menu, and they did give us one. Thanks for that. One person got the filet mignon which was prepared perfectly and was tasty with a wine sauce. It was very pricey. I ordered the Lemon Shrimp Pasta and it was excellent. The shrimps were not overdone. I love the Up North lodge atmosphere. It just puts you in a good mood. I'd love to go back when I'm in the area.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Good food and service - the rustic decor and atmosphere is unique - they have a variety of food - from salads to sandwiches and entrees and of course drinks and non alcoholic beverages ... a must try

Date of visit: August 2019