“Pre Fixe Menu”
Review of Eddie Merlot’s

Eddie Merlot’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The waiter was awesome!!! He really made a great experience. The meal was reasonably priced because we ordered off the pre fixe special menu they had. I didn't care for the dessert and I usually love dessert. The steak with crab was great and the soup had big chunks of lobster!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

They do have a GF menu. Very pricey. Everything is ala cart. Oysters came with crackers, which I pointed out were not GF. Staff was not GF knowledgeable. They do not have a dedicated area. I did get sick but I do not feel it was due to gluten it was due to bad food.
Had a 6pm reservation and were not seated until 7pm. Our appetizers sat on the table for 1/2 half without being cleared. Took 45 minutes for food to be served. Crab legs were cold & dry. All food was luke warm. We were not offered more water, dessert or coffee. Management did comp our bill.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Service is great. Staff very friendly and cordial. Food is really good. Nice atmosphere. Not cheap, but get what you pay for. Will return

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We have eaten here several times before. We booked a 7:45 reservation and arrived about 20 ahead of time. The place was very busy and they told us they were running about 30 minutes behind. We went to the very crowded bar and ordered drinks and after a half hour we ordered appetizers. After an hour we decided to leave but they said our table was being prepared. We were finally seated over an hour after our reservation time. That alone would normally result in us not coming back.

From then on everything was good. Not stellar but good. It seemed like everything took a little longer than it should. We ordered a platinum cuts platter which included a 32 oz tomahawk ribeye, a 20 oz Wagyu NY strip and a 7 oz wylarah filet for $279. It didn't taste any different to me than any other steaks of the same cut and three of us ate every bite and no one was stuffed. It certainly didn't seem like as much meat as it should have been. If I had to do it over I would have simply ordered a regular ribeye. It was a nice meal but there are better places around so I don't think I'll be going back.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The food was good, well-prepared, and generally well-presented. The portions were ample. The wait staff was attentive, well-trained, not pushy. Even though it was a Friday evening, the dining room was less than half full, which might explain why the service was fine. The decor is beautiful with a pleasing ambiance. So, why am I not excited? It's all about comparisons - and when it comes to price, Eddie doesn't cut it. Good food and good service with a high price is not a good value. I've paid the same for dinner at Le Cirque in the Bellagio, but got better food, better service, and a much better wine recommendation - but the two restaurants are not in the same league. Unfortunately, Eddie Merlot's charges like it is. I want to be clear that I don't have any complaints about the food, the service, or the surroundings. You'll have good food and a good time. But this restaurant is not a good value. It's almost as though the target clientele is the name-dropping group that wants you to know how much money they spent, and that the steak came from a cow with good parents, without knowing or caring if it was worth it. Hey, a Whopper is a good burger at $3, but it's not a good burger at $30. There are many better values in Birmingham and the adjacent communities, so we're unlikely to return.

Been to Eddie Merlot’s? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK