“Solidly Good!”
Review of Eddie Merlot’s

Eddie Merlot’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I have been to numerous high end restaurants for business meetings but this was my first time at Eddie Merlot's. The ambiance and decor in the restaurant is beautiful. Very classy and bright (not the usual dark steakhouse). The wine cellar with glass walls is a beautiful touch. The wine list is extensive and the multiple bottles of wine we ordered were fantastic.

We ordered the following appetizers: Smoking shrimp cocktail (amazing presentation!!), filet mignon pot stickers, sesame calamari, and barbeque shrimp. All appetizers were great!! the shrimp were colossal in size and cooked perfectly.

Salads were next- the wedge salad was nice; very crisp with fresh lettuce, generous in size and toppings. the dress has a perfect amount and a great taste!

For the main course; I ate the USDA 7oz filet mignon cooked rare. It was cooked perfectly. The taste was very good! For sides we had the baked potato (nice because the sour cream, bacon and cheese come on the side), sweet potato casserole (my favorite!), cauliflower gratin, lobster mac & cheese (AMAZING!), creamed spinach, and brussels sprouts. All the sides were outstanding. Best sides I have had at a steakhouse.

After, we tired the carrot cake which was delightful, stacked high and a large portion that was great to share. The frosting was a little much for me because it was so many layers but the cake part was one of the best I have had.

The service was very good too! I will say our main server was nice, she tended to our table and did a good job but was not very personable or what you would expect for a high end place like this. She seemed kind of tired? but our waters were always refilled when low (and I drink a lot of water!), and wine was almost always poured for us from our bottles. Perfect amount of time to order between courses and the food came out appropriately.

Overall- Very solid restaurant. Service was GOOD, appetizers, sides, and desserts, were OUTSTANDING (better than Capital Grille), the filet/dinners were GOOD (Capital grille still has 1st place for filet mignon in my ranking). I would return to this restaurant again for sure!

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Our party of 6 arrived early 8:05 on December 10th 2016 for our 8:15 pm dinner reservation we actually come to Eddie Merlot quite often, that's why we were stunned with the lack customer service we received at the front first when we checked in, We were told that they were preparing table and we would be seated shortly, at around 8:20 we asked the hostess at the desk how long it would be and she acted like we were bothering her and reminded us that our reservation was for 8:15 at that point I said check your time its 8:25 then a couple minutes more went by and she informed us that they were waiting for some patrons to finish up,this is not what we were told when we arrived so she said they would pull some tall tables together in the bar area for us to have dinner it is now 8:30, pm we declined to sit in bar, we were then told that we would be receiving appetizers because of our wait, so i picked up my phone and called Fleming's Steak house down the street and they informed me that they could accommodate our party, at this point the Manager on duty finally came over and apologized for the inconvenience and offered appetizers and gave us her card, we decided to leave because the Manager had been there the whole time and knew what was going on, If I were in the same position I would not let customers leave without asking them what could I do to make up for our team dropping the ball, the staff at Eddie Merlot's never did,so finally at 8:40 pm we decided to leave and go to Fleming's ...i must say that I'm not sure if we will return..there are a lot of great steakhouses in the area but sometimes it comes down to service that sets up apart from Fleming's, Hyde Park or Cameron's ...In closing just wanted reiterate how disappointed we were with your service get it together your better than that!
Greg.S

2  Thank stricklyg
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Better for dinner than breakfast. I loved the creme brulee. I was there for a dinner business meeting. The salmon was very good. The service was amazing. I attended a breakfast meeting there about a year ago and the buffet breakfast was not as great.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

My co-worker and I based our visit exclusively on the name of the restaurant; we had no idea what to expect. We were thrilled from the moment we arrived when we were handed an umbrella (it was POURING out!) by the young man who took our car to valet park (complimentary). We shared a beet and goat cheese salad (YUM) that was the perfect opening to our meals. I had fish that was "melt in your mouth" wonderful. The service was really amazing. We never felt rushed and enjoyed our conversations with our servers. It's a bit on the expensive side, but worth it for a special meal.

1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We have always enjoyed our dinner at Merlot's but find it quite expensive . We have gone there for special
occasions.. The parking is abundant and the location is very easy to find.

Been to Eddie Merlot’s? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK