“Trip up North” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating
Michigan
“Trip up North”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I felt $9 was too much for omelets, usually pay $6 or $7 so I ordered oatmeal with Michigan cherries, they didn't have the Michigan cherries so had it with raisins and walnuts and it was very good. Flaky biscuits good. Handicap stall has it's own sink. A lot of items in gift shop and baked goods.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BelleClover
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Michigan
“Not So Much”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Although this place has lots of possibilities it is not worth a stop. We will not be going back. The food was average, the wait staff was nice, however it took 30+ minutes to get my chicken dinner. My husband had the breakfast buffett. The food came with a soup/salad/bread bar. The bread was good but you had to reach inside the bag with your hands-and frankly that gives me the ibie-gibies as I never know what is on everyone's hands. There were not many options for salad bar toppings with a cheese spread and not shredded cheese being one. I tried the cheeseburger soup and it was not good enough for me and my husband (combined) to finish the dish.

The place has a bakery on-site with confections that looked good enough (though not stellar). There is a gift shop on-site and you can even buy fudge-though we did not. The place is old and the booth we sat in had a huge hole in the seat with padding all sticking out. The bathrooms were barely clean. Nothing here has any redeeming value: Just pick some other place.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GeocachingTraveler
clio,mi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

The Food Sucks As i Remember breakfast used to be good i went their Last night with my family 11/27/10 me and my grand childeren had soup &salad bar the food was terrible my wife had spaghetti said it was the worst food she has ever eating We Will Never Eat At The Exit Again

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frogclio-mi
Royal Oak
“Outstanding food at a Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I have been to the Exit Restuarant many times but I have never reviewed it, I thought it was time. First and foremost the food is home made, fresh, and very good. The menu is large it has something for everyone at a great price, we had a cheese omeltte, corned beef hash with eggs, the portions were just the right amount, and the home made buiscuts were a great change of place to burnt toast. Our total bill was $13.75. Service was a bit slow, and the resturant and the decor was a bit dated. We will stop here again, avoid the tourist traps and enjoy a home cooked meal at a reasonable price.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erie,Pa
“Not Happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

Stopped on Oct 9th 2008.Very close to Comfort Inn .
Spent day in Frankenmuth.For those who don't know,it looks like a German village.I don't quite understand it the the main meal in this town is chicken,which can cost over $20.Birch Run is only about 8 miles so figured would try chicken at the Exit Restaurant.
Can't complain about the price but food a real disappointment.
Chicken very salty,mashed potatoes instant and gravy not made by human hands.I bought a brownie from bakery on way out and that was excellent.Restaurant is large and attractive but should have gone back to Tony's I-75 diner.

1 Thank paba