“Clean but don't expect Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have stayed at this property twice now. It is newly renovated and clean. I would stay again, but I will be sure to have snacks to get us to breakfast.

We stayed this past weekend on Saturday night. You could tell by the parking lot that they did not have very many guests for the night. In the morning my husband wandered down to get some toast and coffee as I got ready for the day. No bread for toast, no muffins for me, and it was obvious that the employee was not happy when someone asked for assistance with the pancake machine. As we left for breakfast at Sofia's House of Pancakes (highly recommended by the way) there was still nothing stocked for the continental breakfast.

A wonderful stay spoiled by the little details.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I was totally satisfied with my stay at this hotel. I had to move my room and that was handled promptly and nicely. If staying at this Inn I would suggest requesting the 3rd floor in case you get a heavy foot above you when on lower floors. Front desk was very helpful about places to eat.

Room Tip: As stated above get the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2011

"Oldie but Goodie" could be the summary of this hotel, where the furniture was updated according to the new HIEX standards, but where the elevator, smelly hallway and staircase carpets must have seen better days. Get a room towards the asphalt plant in the back, away from the very close and noisy Interstate. The staff is very friendly, breakfast is OK. The location is actually better than what one first associates with the city of Benton Harbor. A Meijer’s store is just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I recently spent a week at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor completing a work assignment. I had a bit of a rocky start -- I arrived shortly after noon on a Sunday and asked if there was any rooms available. I was told that although the housekeeping staff had been working for a few hours already that no rooms would be available until after 3:00. I waited an hour, and went and asked another staff member who immediately found me an available room. My room was clean, spacious and quiet. The hotel was in the middle of renovating their rooms and did a good job of minimizing disruptions to their guests. The complementary breakfast was nice and the staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2011

First- some positives. The checking was quick and friendly. The location is a good one, right off the highway with some good restaurants nearby.

Unfortunately, some negatives became apparent after check in: The rooms are on the small side for HI Express, with a small TV and very few channels. The toilet was not bolted down, and there were a few other small signs of neglect to the property. No crib was available, even though we had requested one more than a week prior. Breakfast was a great let-down- they were out of milk, bread, english muffins and bagels. To be fair, I did not try breakfast until 9:00am, but if they say breakfast is until 10:00am then they should provide food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6.3 km away
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK