“Excellent pizza and beer”
Review of Arcadia Ales - CLOSED

Arcadia Ales
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

The craft micro brewed beer is amazing as well as the food. The entire atmosphere of the restaurant is that of a pub without the crowded space. The brick oven pizza is to die for. A must try in Battle Creek.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Bad service mediocre food at best..had the ribs..mistake..also had the special..a grouper or so they say. I thought "special" meant a new recipe created with care..I didn't realize they meant they bought the fish on"special sale" at Pet Smart.

Did I mention the place is filthy? Not just unkept because they were busy , but because they don't believe in cleaning...anything. We sent back 3 sets of silverware and then gave up. Ponder the bathroom, well only if you must, if you dare glance into the kitchen .. Wow. Does battle creek have a health department?

The beer was ok .

1  Thank James Z
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, had the classic burger. It was ok but I've had way better. Staff was friendly and service was good. Bathroom was very dirty and we arrived right at the opening. Not good.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Although we both enjoyed their beer, our entrees were a huge disappointment. The shrimp tacos were meager and had so little accompanying them -- I thought perhaps they had made a mistake and given us an appetizer or small plate. Not tasty. My Cobb Salad was the biggest surprise of all. It looked good, but neither the dressing nor any of the ingredients had any flavor (except the grape tomatoes and the avocado). I even tried another dressing, but although it looked like bleu cheese, it was just as runny and tasteless as the other dressing. We did tell the waitress about our disappointment with the salad and the management adjusted our bill accordingly. We came in during a very snowy night and didn't realize that Arcadia apparently caters to the buses as they pass through Battle Creek. The restaurant went from a small crowd to very busy, very quickly. My heart went out to the one (1) waitress they had -- she worked very hard to give everyone who came in good service, but her "helpers" were a joke! Aesthetically place looks a bit shabby -- if that's the look they are going for, bravo!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Enjoyed a good dinner with another family last night. Several of had the Flight of Beers, 5 small samples you select from their draft selection, very enjoyable.

The Burnt Ends, ends of baked brisket recooked in barbecue sauce, were tasty, nice appetizer. Duck and andouille sausage gumbo was very good, needs just a bit more rice. I tried the triple plate, pulled pork, pulled chicken and beef brisket, very good, but the chicken and pork were a little dry. I guess they expect you to grab a squirt bottle of one of the 3 sauces to spice it up and wet it down, but I didn't want to cover the flavor.

The kids were mostly happy with their food, except one vegetarian, who ordered the Pizza Rolls, after first confirming it is only cheese and red sauce. When the rolls arrived, there was pepperoni as well. Staff refused to take responsibility, and even though not one of us ate any of it, refused to take it off the bill. This alone will keep me from visiting again when in the area. Easy problem to fix, and they blew it.