“Sweet tooth”
Review of Murphy's Bakery

Murphy's Bakery
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Bad Axe
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

So good fresh baked daily! Price is very reasonable love it best cakes around!! Donuts can't be touched

1  Thank 615joshuag

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Murphy's in Port Austin- looks like it's been there a long time. Surprised no listing in Trip Advisor. Dated building, needs updating but doughnuts good. $10.88 a dozen. All very good. If you like doughnuts stop by!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Not the greatest donuts in the world. They'd been brought in to work on several occasions, and I'd never been terribly impressed. All the raised donut doughs are the same dough. There is nothing different from donut style to donut style, with the exception of the frosting or the filling, and they get quite boring, quite quickly. The tiger tails are a stand-out from that very "generic" donut bunch, a very good, and not overly sweet, treat. EVERYONE thinks they're the best donuts in the area, and since the only other donuts I know of come from WalMart, I do have to agree, but when I bring in North Branch donuts for work, they QUICKLY forget Murphy's. Walmart is not a high bar to aspire to, but Murphy's are better than the mega chain's offerings. Sadly, even when paczki season rolls around, you still get the same recipe. Those are supposed to be something special, and unfortunately, from Murphy's Bakery, they are not. In the case of the paczki, you will actually get a better pastry, with a fresher, moister "texture" from WalMart... :(

I truly hate to tear into a local favorite like Murphy's, but my reviews are as honest as I can make them, whether they hurt or not. (I suppose a little internet anonymity makes me a little more brave...) They're not "great donuts". They're "edible donuts", in this reviewer's opinion. If you want the BEST donuts in The Thumb, drive yourself to North Branch, and try yourself a North Branch Bakery donut. (You can get them at the Clark Station in Marlette every weekday morning, too...) Side by side, you'll never think Murphy's is ANYTHING special... Even my co-workers now agree, after I raved and raved about North Branch Bakery's offerings, and brought some in on several occasions.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never had anything bad here. Everything is made fresh everyday. Best Bakery all around, I think.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Great food and place to pick up lovely cakes and food.I could never resist stoping to or from Caseville.Love it

Been to Murphy's Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK