“Best in Town”

Rachel's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Bad Axe
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

In town on business for the week and ate here 4 nites. First Rachel does a nice job hiring staff. I had a different server each nite and all gave made sure I was well provided for. Cheerful, polite and on top of things.

The food was always well presented and right off the cook source - hot! Flavors were nice and sides seasoned so that I never touched a shaker the entire week. Broiled Whitefish, blackened salmon, crab cakes and Thai chicken - all excellent. Only suggestion is to put a bit more slaw on the crab cake plate - it was a tiny portion.

By the way - I won’t tell anyone that your craft beers are cheap. Promise

Thanks for taking good care of me while in Bad Axe.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Servers are young, but fast and friendly. Food is good and the choices are enough that everyone should be satisfied. Prices seemed to be a bit on the higher side. Overall it seems like the most upscale place for the area.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We ate there with our family from out of town. They have a great selection of food. The food tasted great and the service was also great. Everyone was happy with their food. The interior and exterior is nicely decorated. One of the nicer restaurants in Bad Axe, Michigan.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I found myself back in the good ole thumb area again for work. It's been over a year or so and I came back to since this is the only place I remember enjoying during my last stay. Happy to say that it's getting even better and did not disappoint! My first night I had the ribs and they tasted just like I remembered, delicious, sweet and tender. My last night I got the chicken caprese and it really hit the spot. Keep up the good work Rachel's, I'll be back again next time!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Thought we would try Rachels for my husbands birthday. The food was hot, nice portions & well seasoned. Atmosphere was nice and relaxing. It is rather pricey for a small town and not one we would go to on a regular basis. The service was poor, the waitress herself was pleasant, but she just did her job. She took our order, brought our food, and brought the bill. That was the last we saw of her, there was no checking back to see if we wanted anything, refills on our drinks or how the food was. We will not go back.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Rachel's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK