“Late breakfast”

Optimist Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast All Day & Lunch year round. We host daytime and evening Private Events in the charming antique Sea Captain's home.
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stopped by a few years ago and the menu was limited. It seemed more of a coffee and tea house. Now the menu is greatly expanded and the quality was great. So many choices hard to pick. I had the Eggs Benny cape cod style and my wife had the waffles with fresh fruit and cream. Both were great, highly recommend this place. If you haven't been here in a while give it another shot.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Firstly the service was absolutely superb - our waitress was friendly, helpful and fully up to speed on gluten free options and adaptations. The setting is lovely, a converted old
home so has that real authentic feel. Breakfast was good, serving was surprisingly small for America and the poached eggs were quite undercooked and jelly-like. Overall though a really good experience and looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Waking up to our third rainy day on the Cape, we thought we better try out the Optimist Cafe to see if we could change our weather outlook! The restaurant is very cozy and the food was creatively prepared and delicious. Portions are huge. Service was excellent. It’s a little off the beaten path so not crazy crowded like all the other breakfast places in the Yarmouth area. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank MarciaF2078
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Went for brunch with a group of friends. I had hot tea - which I was pleased to see a great assortment of tea choices which then came in a nice ceramic decorated teapot and cup/saucer. Others had the coffee and said it was great - you can smell the pleasant coffee aroma in the cafe (which also has euro style espresso type coffee as well.). I had the Portuguese Benedict- two toasted English muffins halves each with a perfect poached egg, linguica sausage and flavorful hollendaise sauce. Others in my group thankfully shared the house made scones to die for, and light delicious crepes filled with raspberry cream and fresh strawberries & blueberries. A gluten free friend was in heaven being able to get French toast using gluten free bread and enjoyed every bite. Pancakes are a house specialty and one in our team wolfed down his. There is a nice front outdoor patio as well as various room inside. Don’t forget a full lunch menu as well. I’ll return.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a late breakfast because it was right next to where we were staying The Village Inn, 5 stars also) and it wasn't check in time yet. And what a great find!
I had the smoked salmon Benedict which was amazing and my girlfriend had French toast with bacon which she said was the best bacon she's ever had. If you're in the area and not staying at a B&B I highly recommend. Cause if we weren't staying at one, we would've been back.