“Best Benedict”

Optimist Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast All Day & Lunch year round. We host daytime and evening Private Events in the charming antique Sea Captain's home.
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a late breakfast because it was right next to where we were staying The Village Inn, 5 stars also) and it wasn't check in time yet. And what a great find!
I had the smoked salmon Benedict which was amazing and my girlfriend had French toast with bacon which she said was the best bacon she's ever had. If you're in the area and not staying at a B&B I highly recommend. Cause if we weren't staying at one, we would've been back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Homely airy restaurant with plenty of room,Historic building with high ceilings and paintings by local artists.excellent friendly service.Pancakes are fluffy and tasty,portions are generous-you’ll want to go back for more!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Found this spot in Yarmouth port while out for a drive. Popped in for some brunch and was very pleasantly surprised. I had the Irish eggs Benedict while my husband had pancakes with scrambled egg & sausage (I can’t remember the menu name). Portion sizes were great, staff were friendly & food was delicious. Menu selection was quite large with a wide range of beverages too. We will be back!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The special was buttermilk peach pancakes and they were delicious. Large slices of peaches with cinnamon (and optional whipped cream).

The cafe is conveniently located on route 6A with plenty of parking.

It wasn’t very busy on a Friday morning, not sure what weekends are like.

They also offer lunch which I would like to try as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Located in an old Victorian house; nice ambiance. Good food, gluten-free menu, friendly service. A little bit pricier than the average breakfast/lunch place, but not much more and worth it. The only drawback, at least in the room where we ate, was the acoustics. One child was talking loudly from time to time and the sound reverberated around the room. I would imagine it could get loud with a couple of large families in there.