“Spacious Restaurant and Cozy Tavern Offer More than Enough Ambiance to Complement the Delicious Food.”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 33
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a dark and stormy night as hurricane/tropical storm Jose continued to swirl bands of wind and rain onto the Lower Cape, thus making for a delightful evening for my daughter and I to dine at the Old Yarmouth Inn. Inside, it was a warm and friendly oasis for the locals and traveler weary of the continued onslaught from Jose.

We have dined at the Old Yarmouth Inn numerous times, usually in the very open and spacious dining room (more space between tables than any other restaurant around, bar none) and tonight we elected to dine in the relatively cozy tavern, which offers a little different atmosphere and ambiance. The tavern has one of the longest bars in the neighborhood.

Anyway, after getting settled and catching upon our news, we scanned the extensive menu and made our well thought out decisions. Stefanie was being a bit adventurous, and she selected the Lobster Bisque and the Hand Tossed Caesar Salad with garlic croutons, homemade dressing, and Grilled Scallops.

I, being my usual stick-in-the-mud self, went for the Butternut Bisque and Roasted Atlantic Salmon with honey-mustard glaze, cranberry compote, roasted skillet potatoes and asparagus.

Both bisques were thick and creamy, and my butternut bisque was just brimming with wonderful flavors beyond the butternut squash.

Stefanie’s Caesar Salad was served in a bowl that was a good portion with the scallops. To me it looked like it was skimpy on the number of scallops, but Stefanie assured me that there was more there than meets the eye. I did not taste it, but it must have been very good, because finished every last scrap of it.

My Roasted Atlantic Salmon was a very good portion, and the presentation was what seems to be the more common approach these days, pile it on top of each other. It may look nice, but it gets messed up very quickly when it comes time to cut a piece of salmon, which unfortunately, had the skin removed. However, once I got by all that, all of the ingredients were very flavorable, and I only left one or two small potato halves, which is very unusual when I am dining out. Stefanie even made a sarcastic comment, asking if I was taking the potatoes home.

Even though we did not have dessert, we had spent a very delightful 2 hours in the Old Yarmouth Inn tavern, and Jose’s wind and rain had subsided a bit as we made our way across the parking lot to our cars. It is always a sheer delight to see Stefanie when I can, and when it is coupled with a dining experience like this, it is all that much better.

Sheila F, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

I have to surmise that you are a writer, because you transported me right back to the night of the storm. I am glad the offered a respite for you and enjoyed your experience overall. If it had been we could have lit the fire for you! Perhaps next time.
Many Thanks for your review.
Sheila

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pleasant atmosphere, good food with portions large enough to fill my husband. The wait staff was very attentive. We ate here after attending a holiday party here and were very impressed. Staff went out of their way to accommodate my vegan lifestyle.

1  Thank MassSmiley09

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed the Vegan selection that the Chef created - with a little notice we can create anything. I hope you will come back again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Six of us ate at the Old Yarmouth Inn. We ordered by 6pm and got a 3 course meal for $28-$30 depending on the entree choice. Three of us ordered the sole and it was very well prepared with a delicate flavor. One person ordered the sirloin and one the short ribs. The portions were generous. Our first course salads were excellent. Very fresh and with interesting dressings. The dessert choices were interesting and I had the chocolate bread pudding. The wine list is extensive and not overpriced. We had a bottle of the Rombauer Chardonnay for $55 with a retail price of $35-40 in our area.

1  Thank bethcotner

Thank you for enjoying the Three Course early Dinner Menu and for writing about your experience. The Orange-Lavender sole has become a crowd pleaser and will remain on the menu as will the Short Ribs. The other entree choices change every 8 weeks, so I hope you will have an opportunity to come and try something new - with a well priced bottle of wine!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

As good as you'll get. Great ambiance. Historic. Great staff and service and the food was terrific. No complaints. A pleasure to go there.

1  Thank Bernard D

Thank you, Thank you! Your accolades are gratefully appreciated. We hope we will see you again and will endeavor to continue to earn this praise.
Sheila

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband and I came here when we were staying on the Cape this summer. It was our first trip to Cape Cod and our Inn Keeper recommended this restaurant. It was one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was amazing and well priced for the quality. You can dress up or down as they have a more causal area and a nicer dining room. We decided to try another restaurant on our second night there, and although it was good, we still said we should have come back here for a second night in a row :)

1  Thank meganmharlow

Thank you for your enthusiastic 5-star review! We are thrilled that we could be such a great memory for you and thank you for making us a part of your Cape Cod vacation. We will look forward to seeing you on your Second Cape Cod Vacation.