“Could have been cleaner”

Residence Inn Worcester
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
Syracuse, New York
“Could have been cleaner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed here for a holiday weekend while visiting family. The room was a perfect size and the service during the breakfast was great. The cleanliness of the room could have been much better. Upon firts use of the bathroom, it appeared that someone had smoked in the bathroom then tossed their cigarette butt into the toilet, but forgot to flush the evidence. The room didn't smell of smoke and I am very sensitive to that smell. It was a full house and we checked in late, and I always carry Clorox wipes, otherwise we would have asked for a different room because who knows what else was not thoroughly cleaned.

Room Tip: 2nd floor near the back of the hotel allows for easy in and out.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsDodge79
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Worcester, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
On behalf of the Residence Inn Worcester, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We take both positive and negative feedback from our guests very seriously. We take great pride in our hotel, service, cleanliness, and our complimentary hot breakfast. I apologize for not meeting your expectation in regards to the cleanliness of your guest room. I have shared your comments with the management team and the staff and appropriate measures have been taken to correct this issue from happening again. I hope you decide to give us another opportunity to provide you with the legendary guest service and product for which Marriott has become famous for throughout the hotel industry.

Shawn Rodriquenz,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We have family that we visit west of Boston and have stayed at this hotel more than once. It's near an interstate but we were looking at night and had a bit of difficulty getting to it. The hotel itself was really nice, clean, comfortable, and had a good breakfast. When we go to the area again, we would certainly consider staying at this Residence Inn again. There are several restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2doglady
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I don't know what is room size standard in US, but rooms in this place were gigantic. Full kitchen with bigger refrigreratior than I have in my home! Only problem in the room was extremely soft bed, I guess that is common in US, but way too soft for my taste.

Breakfast was okay, nothing special but you won't leave the table hungry. Using of plastic plates and cups seemed strange to me, first time I see this in a good hotel.

Hotel had small swimming pool and gym, but I did not had time to try. Small bar at the lobby was very quiet, so better to find some other place to drink. Only when the cute girl from Albania is there you should pop up for a visit ;)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

In addition to the well-appointed and comfortable suites, this hotel offers a surprisingly substantial and wholesome daily breakfast buffet as well as a dinner buffet Monday through Wednesday evenings.
Every member of the staff, from the reception clerks with their warm welcome to the buffet chef with her carefully presented cuisine, will make every guest feel he has found a true home away from home in Worcester, MA.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I was sharing my suite with a friend, we thought one of us could sleep in the bedroom, in the king bed, and the other one would sleep on the pull-out sofa. Everything in this hotel was great except that pull-out sofa. Just don't even think that you could sleep on one of those. And I am NOT someone who has any particular needs for sleep, I can sleep no matter what, so this sofa was unacceptable EVEN for me. It was completely against sleep hygiene, it was concave!. They should just stop telling people that there is a pull-out sofa, because it was ridiculously old and bad. I did try to sleep on it for the first night, and I did fall asleep, but I ended up with all kinds of aches in the morning. It's just a shame that they have those horrible sofas in there, otherwise this hotel is just perfect. The suite itself was amazing, huge, with a wonderful kitchen, bathroom, a perfect bed in the bedroom, great working space, two tv's. I hope they get to hear me and actually get rid of those sofas, or stop telling people that they could sleep on them. Nope. So, if you can actually get your own proper bed in this hotel, go for it. They had a very rich breakfast too. Don't expect a huge business center, it was basically a room with two computers and a printer, there was a line to use the computer. There is an indoor poo, not huge but good enough. I would give them a 5 out of 5 had they not suggested one could sleep on that horrible sofa.

Room Tip: Just don't even think about sleeping on the pull-out sofa.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business