“Open late!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Cafe is a few steps from the Woods Hole Inn. On first visit I was caught off guard at how busy it was. Nice selection of sandwiches, pies, baked goods, coffee and teas. Our sandwiches were good. After learning more about Woods Hole, I now understand why this cafe is so busy. Compared to most of the other places to eat, the cafe is inexpensive. Open late, inexpensive (for Woods Hole), good food and baked goods, what's not to like!

1  Thank T W

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We went on Columbus weekend and it was very busy 10 minutes to get served and 20 minutes to get the sandwich, it was good but it was it was just a sandwich, maybe better on another day

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious bake goods and coffee. Yummy key lime pie!

A very friendly environment. We are going back a second time. One visit is not enough.

1  Thank JBBTraveler
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I had heard great things about this place and had high expectations. The long line told me there were great things to be had but I will never know. The place was mobbed and there was a woman that planted herself directly in front of the pastry case to wait for her order, which took a very long time to make. I didn't realize what was happening until after we had placed our order and while it's not the shop's fault directly, it would have been nice if they asked her to stand to the side so the rest of us could order.

From what I could see, the croissants looked amazing and they had several kinds. I ordered three for us to sample along with two coffees. Nothing fancy, just some baked goods out of a case and two paper cups of coffee. The person behind the counter moved so slowly it was almost amazing to watch. We must have waited almost 10 minutes. The cups were too full to add cream and it was a feat to get turned around and over a few feet to the fixings station without scalding anyone.

When we got back to the car and I excitedly pulled the croissants out of the bag, they were all the same! I explicitly ordered three different types - ham and cheese, feta and spinach, sausage and pepper - and they were all sausage and pepper. Big disappointment for a non sausage eater.

The place is probably fine if there are no customers and you can actually watch what's being done behind the counter but during a rush, forget it. After all that, the croissant was greasy and one ended up getting tossed. Good thing there were snacks available on the ferry to the Vineyard.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Ok number 1 restaurant in Falmouth????
Sorry but I don't get it.. great spot to stop off for coffee on the way to the vineyard(one among many) but it's just an ok coffee shop.not really that good.
Guess the tourists think they have discovered a secret spot ?because it ain't that good.......