“Friendly and Comfortable!”

Best Western Plus New Englander
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 23 February 2017

The breakfast room was a little small, but had plenty of room to sit and eat. The first morning I wanted some apple juice and it was all I could have preoperatively. The manager, Kerstin went out in the snow to get a bottle just for me. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that.
The breakfasts, had sausage, one morning with Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, hot oatmeal, toast, pastries and orange juice. The coffee was great and always available.
This was a stressful trip for us, but the management did what they could to help out.
Twice out of a four day stay the keys needed to be reprogrammed.
Oh yes, about the infamous elevator, it is weird. Until it is fixed, ask for a 1st floor room. I figured it out eventually, but I worried I would be stuck inside until I figured out the procedure.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor until the elevator issue is resolved. We were on the 5th floor which was bea...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Guest,
You'll be happy to know that as of Thursday, our newly renovated elevator is up and running! No more Oscar the Grouch elevator!!!
I am glad that your surgery went well; we were all worried about you. We all checked in with your husband each day when he was eating his breakfast to see how you both were doing.
I hope your trip home didn't cause you too much discomfort.
Will you be able to visit us again - this time for a good reason?

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I like staying at this place the people are very nice and helpful the rooms are nice it's easy to find there is plenty of room for parking even for trailer trucks they have a nice pool I just wish they had a hot tub

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Donny,

thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review us. I agree; a hot tub would be LOVELY...especially when it's 25 degrees outside.
Did you get a chance to grab a bite to eat at Waxy's? At least there you don't have to go outside to get to the restaurant; the hallway off the lobby goes straight there.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Plus in Woburn, MA. The room and the beds were very clean and the furniture and amenities in the room were new and modern.
The bathroom was clean and fully stocked. The room had a TV, armoire with a mini-fridge, and microwave. And a desk. Check-in was quick and easy and the their directions to the room were clear and concise. There is an indoor pool in a heated that I was unable to get in but the pool and the pool desk was spotless. The continental breakfast offered many choices. A make your own waffle bar, pastries, toast, bagels, hot oatmeal,various cereals, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, bacon, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. They also had vanilla and chocolate almond milk. The front desk kept the items fresh and fully stocked and made to check if every guest was enjoying their meal. There is also an Irish Pub called Waxy O’Connors that is attached to the hotel. It was such a relief to get a drink after a long day and be just feet from the hotel. I will definitely stay here if I’m in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write such a well thought out review. I think you covered everything!
Waxy's is fun. Yesterday, at the height of the storm, they made sure that they opened the restaurant for 8 hours so that any hotel guests stranded during the weather had a good meal.
And it was fun to watch some of our guests, who had never seen snow. I think that they tried to build a snowman out near the pool area.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

It was a cold and rainy night...Seriously. It was. Another trip and this place was rented on the fly because of the proximity of the assignment. I've stayed in another BW Plus and I must say this corporation is improving their reputation. The guest staff was friendly and the room was clean with the expected amenities. The bedding smelled fresh and this ground floor room (#109) was pretty quiet.
I set my wake up call for 7am but woke up early because of bacon cooking for the free breakfast. There were hot and cold breakfast items.
There's a pub called Waxy O'Connor's that adjoins the hotel for a good hot meal.
This place is worth a couple of nights.
The town is small and quaint.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Leo,

A night not fit for man nor beast.
Actually, I think that's from "Rudolph".
Seriously, thank you for your lovely recommendation. And there's nothing quite like waking up to the smell of bacon.
We're glad that you found us and we'd love to have you stay again. It sounds as if you travel frequently for business. We have corporate rates for businesses; let us know and we'll either look it up for you or work to get you a good rate.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

I had read previous reviews before booking this hotel. Many were upset because the elevator did not work correctly. Please, ever hear of the stairs. They had signs all over that they were working on getting it corrected. This hotel just went through a major refit. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had a wider selection than other chains I have stayed at. I tried different items each morning and all were good. The only issue I saw was no towel racks in the bathroom which they are aware of and it is on the list to install them. Overall, I would say that for just being updated they did a really good job.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Liz,

thank you for taking the time to not only read the reviews but to write your own. As we speak, the elevator company is here. The electrician is installing a kill switch at the bottom of the shaft, then they run their high-speed test and then, finally, the elevator inspector comes in and signs off. We cannot WAIT for that signature!