All reviewsirish pubhot breakfastwafflesboston areaindoor poolbeds were comfortablefree breakfastthe breakfast areafitness roomeasy accessfree parkingstaff was friendlywaxymileshighwayma
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Our stay at the Best Western Plus New Englander, Woburn was not very good. First of all, there were problems with the elevators which made it inconvenient. The hotel staff person, Sarah, was very helpful on Jan.2 when we checked in. I confirmed a wakeup call for Wed. 1/3 at 8:00 am and never received one. I told them that it was very important as I had to attend a funeral at 10:00 am and didn't want to be late. The women at the desk in the morning said that there was a problem with the wakeup call system. The breakfast was poor quality: sausages didn't taste good at all and the eggs were cold and not very good. Toast and oatmeal was good. The heating system wasn't working properly. It was either too hot or too cold and difficult to adjust the temperature. The two good things at the hotel were that the rooms were nice and comfortable and they had coffee 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Michele,

First, let me say how sorry I am for your loss. Losing anyone is tough, but it's always tougher around the holidays.
I thank you for your honest feedback on breakfast. I've actually gotten several comments lately and we are therefore looking to revamp the entire experience; we're working with our vendor to provide different sausages, fresh fruit and cooked oatmeal rather than instant.
It's a good hotel, close to major highways and a good value for those not looking to pay Boston prices. Thanks for sticking with us while we finish the renovation. The elevator renovation is close to being finished, as is the lobby.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I came to the Best Western New Englander in Woburn, MA because I had a luncheon date with some classmates and did not want to drive to and from Albany, NY in one day.
The hotel is undergoing a renovation, but it did not get in the way of my stay there. The automatic door entrance worked!! The bathroom/shower facilities in my room were good. The staff was very helpful and courteous. This is definately a good place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review us. I am glad that you didn't have to drive to and from Albany in one day. It is a beautiful drive but it is rather arduous.
While you were her for your reunion, did you get a chance to see any of Boston? It's a fun city and we forget how much history it has.
We hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We got to the hotel Friday night December 30th. We were told that the elevator was sticking at times, but that we'd just have to press the door open or close button. Sounded like no big deal, so we looked for the luggage cart to bring our stuff up to our room on the 5th floor. There was no luggage cart around. I took some of our stuff up to the 5th floor, found the cart and sent it back down. We later found that if the elevator was on a different floor from where you were, it wouldn't come to you. You'd have to take the stairs to the floor on which the elevator was, get in and then send it up or down. My husband has a bad back, so the next morning we switched to the first floor. Another guest told us that the elevators had been acting up for months. The heat in neither room worked properly. It would stop two degrees below the setting and start blowing cold air. The lobby was, and has been, very cold. A blower by the main entrance could help keep cold air out.

I'm originally from a neighboring city and we've been coming to visit family once or twice a year and have stayed here for our visits over the past 9-10 years. They've recently renovated parts of the hotel. It used to be a bit dated, but it was comfortable. The bathroom renovations don't make sense to me. Hotels in general encourage guests to reuse towels, but there are no hooks in the bathroom to hang your towel. The sinks no longer have any counter space to speak of, so if you have your own toiletries, there is little room for them. Our bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The chair in our second room was too small. We asked and were told that the chair from our first room would be brought down, but that never happened.

We used to enjoy staying here, but we won't be back again.

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you want to avoid the elevator issues.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Kerstin L, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Englander, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Guest,
it does not sound as if you have a good stay with us and for that, I am truly sorry. One of our elevators is down while it's being renovated but this should not affect the other elevator; I've gone to our Corporate Office for help in resolving the issue.
I understand that you do not wish to stay here when visiting relatives. I am sorry and will be sorry to see you go, but completely understand. It sounds as if you're missing the rooms prior to renovation which had a different layout in both the bedroom and the bathroom. The new rooms are very modern; clean lines, modern furniture and USB outlets built in to the headboards and lamps.
Should you wish for alternative accommodations, I would be happy to speak with on the phone. I can be reached at 781 932 8160

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The rooms were great, its a pet friendly hotel, and the staff are amazing! There is plenty of space behind the hotel for the dogs to run around away from the parking lot, and my boyfriend loved that there was always hot chocolate in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Monica,
thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review us. I agree that my staff is amazing; I hope you don't mind if I pass on your compliments.
It is nice to have the back parking lot and plenty of grassy area for the dogs to run; I find that my own dog is always more content when he's been on a long romp.
We'd love to have you visit us again.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Previous comments were referring to construction going on at the hotel, so this can be very annoying when you are trying to sleep in in the morning. I had checked ahead to ensure that renovations were completed, and it seemed to be the case. We had the pleasure of enjoyed a newly renovated room, with hot breakfast and an indoor pool at a reasonable rate. Staff was accommodating and courteous. Two issues: the only working elevator works in an odd, sometimes scary fashion. This should be fixed. The other very minor issue was that maybe the room was not cleaned thoroughly after the renovations, leaving herds of dust bunnies on the wall in the bathroom. Other than that, great stay and would come back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Vezich,

thank you for taking time out of your day to review us. I have just contacted our Corporate Office about the elevator. One elevator is being completely renovated, which is why it's not in use at this time (we have since put a sign on it and tell guests upon check in). The other elevator should be working well and this is why I contacted Corporate; to enlist their help.
I agree with you that an indoor heated pool and a hot breakfast in January are wonderful additions.