“Slow service, good food and wonderful atmosphere!”
Review of The '6 House Pub

The '6 House Pub
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Cozy place to have a family dinner. We were three generations all together at the same table and everyone left happy, even the baby. Good kids menu, ribs were an unexpected option and delicious. The maple salad dressing sounded weird but it was excellent. The only downside... It took a really long time to get our food. Order aps to come out with main. I don't think they put in the dinner order until the apps were done. The kids were crazy hungry by the time dinner arrived.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The last time we visited the 1896 House it was still called The 1896 House and that was 20 years ago. Why did we wait so long? We had a great time food was outstanding Prime Rib and Sausage Ravioli. We missed out on one of the soup at 7:00 on a Saturday they had ran out of their "Soup of the Moment". This place is worth a stop, but please wait until we order and receive our Mushroom Brie Soup : )

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My parent's surprise anniversary party was held at the '6 House Pub and we had a wonderful time! The coordinator was very easy to work with and catered to our needs. The party went off without a hitch and Kim, our waitress, was wonderful. Everyone is still talking about the food and atmosphere. I would not hesitate to book another party at the '6 House Pub.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

On January 21st there was a surprise retirement celebration given in honor of my husband in the Public Room. Many types of dinners , from prime rib, scrod ,eggplant parm and specialty salads,were served that night with all meals being served in a timely fashion whether hot or cold. The food and the service were exceptional from the waitress, bartender and the chef. It is a friendly family oriented restaurant that I would recommend to all.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Fun, comfortable seating, very cozy. The food is ok - we ordered from the shrimp specials the first time and off of the menu the second visit. The portions were large, but the flavor was boring. Nothing special. The wine selection is awful. I've eaten here 3 times in the last 3 months and I think they substitute the top shelf vodka for the bottom shelf. Headache every time and that only happens with cheap booze. I will return because the atmosphere is great but I will not return with high expectations for great food.