See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have stayed twice at Clover HIll Farm and you couldn't find a nicer inn keeper! Great views, meticulously clean, great antiques, beautiful post and beam inn with lovely sunrises. Friendly beagles, goats, ducks, horses, cats. Owner welcomes dogs and children. Very helpful advice for restaurants and area activities. We were treated like family!

Room Tip: They have a lovely freestanding apartment with it's own entrance as well as upstairs rooms in the house and a suite in the lower level of the house. All very neat and clean and homey.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bookins03
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I've been staying at the farm off and on for several years while my son was at Williams. Its a great place even if you don't have a pet. The place is full of beagles, two goats (one of whom thinks he is a house pet), some tough cats, both mean and nice ducks, and plenty of horses. The folks at the farm treat you like family, (which means don't expect your bed to be turned down with a chocolate on the pillow). Avoid playing Grandmother in Dominoes if you like to win. If your car breaks down on a sub zero night in the middle of nowhere, Carolyn might pick your kids up while you wait for the truck. Every morning you can expect some good conversation, good coffee, great breakfast and great views. I will miss the place when my son graduates.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 21 May 2012

If you want a pet friendly hotel near the "Bosky Berkshires" it would be hard to beat Clover Hill Farm. If you want to be in Williamstown, you cannot beat this location. It's high up on a hill and almost in the center of Town. The owners have horses, goats and beagles. They accept your pets in style. If you are off hiking and want to leave your dog, they have an outdoor run. The owners are very friendly and helpful. They do not serve breakfast, but that is no problem because there is a diner across the road and a cafe on the main shopping drag - a short walk. We paid $175 a night for a large one bedroom apartment with cooking facilities and a separate bedroom. We felt this was a good value. We have booked another stay for October.

We stayed there while on a hiking/museum trip. It is a perfect location for hiking Mount Greylock or visiting the Clark,Mass MOCA or the Williams College Art Museum. There is a good Thai and Indian restaurant in Williamstown for dinner.

Room Tip: We liked having the studio which is separate from the main house. It gave us lots of privacy and lessened the chance of having barking dogs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheersfornow
Reviewed 13 June 2011

When I needed to get out of my house for the better part of a week to allow a contractor to refinish my floors I thought where can I go with two dogs and a cat? Well I found Clover Hill Farm"s website and it led me there to the college town of Williamstown. Now, if you are looking are looking for a pool, a spa and turndown service, keep looking. But if you want your pets to be welcomed and comfortable, and equally importantly be comfortable yourself, this is the place for you.

It is a working horse farm and stable (so if the occasional waft of horse poop is a problem don't go). It has a wide expanse of fields for your dogs to roam. Carolyn, the owner, will go out of her way to make sure you have what you need. In the whole time there I never had my (very well behaved) dogs on the leash. They mingled with the house beagles (4 or 5) and other guests' dogs quite nicely. It was like summer camp for them.

The town is good because it has a variety of restaurants. You can do a little touring or antiquing in nearby Bennington, VT. In season you have the Williamstown Playhouse. So if you are the in the area with your pets I recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the guest house.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo