All reviews the owner breakfast room babbling brook williams college real plates make your own waffles common room stream running bagels swimming pool lovely stream friendly place beautiful grounds four poster bed new owners rocking chairs enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night during a road trip around New England, the motel is about a 5 minutes drive from Williamstown.

The room was clean, furnishings in our room were dated but, that said, suited the building. Renovations were taking place during our stay so I suspect that this room will shortly have a new look.

Breakfast was better than average for a motel with a lovely spacious dining area. There is also a lounge available for guests to relax in. I liked the small offering of drinks and snacks available to guests via an honesty box system and there are also glasses available to use if you take your own alcohol to consume.

This would have been a 5* property had it not been for the strange comment made by the owner when we checked in, he said that I must have booked the room a long time ago because the rates were now a lot more, I don't know if he was expecting me to offer to pay the difference but in my opinion the rate I paid was the true value for the stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 September 2017

Hi -Thanks for taking the time to write us a very nice review and I could have had another star if I had kept my big mouth shut . What I said was just an observation .I did not mean for you to pay more .just an observation . Sorry if I made you uncomfortable . Some people book a year in advance and longer if we would let them . The only time I notice it is when there is a price change . And , yes you are correct we are new owners and we are remodeling .Thanks again for the nice review and I hope we see you again some day . Ron

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Spent a night at Berkshire Hills Country Inn in Williamstown while exploring the beautiful nature and towns of the Berkshires and Green Mountain area of Vermont. The Inn offers everything you need including comfortable beds, okay breakfast and a big welcoming smile from the owner. We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 September 2017

Big smile with this nice review . Natalia

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better location and the price is very fair for the accommodations.

The rooms are very clean and well kept. A little dated but frankly I think that is par for the area and adds to the charm.

The room was plenty big enough and very comfortable. The bed was firm but not too hard. The bathrooms while spotless are a little small but totally functional.

The morning breakfast was also good. A little bit of everything for a nice start to the morning.

The people at the front desk could not have been nicer.

We stayed in room 14 which is in the back. Very quite.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write us a very nice review and glad we could make you comfortable . Again , thanks for the nice review and I hope we see you again sometime . Ron , Natalia and Molly ( the Beagle )

Reviewed 24 August 2017

So you have to first understand that this area does not have truly upscale hotels. With that said, you can choose from way too expensive for what you get(there are a couple of those) to motel/inn/b&b type places. We chose this because most recent reviews on Tripadvisor were pretty positive. It seems the place was purchased in mid-2016 and the new owners had an uphill climb. They have done a great job in the last year. I admit when we pulled in we were not all that impressed - it is close to the road and pretty much looks like a road motel. We got into the office area, which also has the breakfast area - and we were met by a lovely doggo named Molly who is sweet and quiet. The owners are lovely as well. Our room was in the back, which is the stream side of the inn, and you can walk out to a few areas - a gazebo and old-fashioned concrete pool area - that are sheltered and really lovely. Due to the stream, there are a few spider webs, etc in the outside of the room area, but there were no bugs at all in the rooms. The room was perfectly adequate and very clean - it had been updated to a certain extent. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Tub/shower. Very quiet. the only issue was that the king bed was quite firm, which I do not like. My husband had no problem with it. I brought this to the attention of the owner the next morning and she let me try beds in other rooms! Room 8 (which has been mentioned on this site before) was perfect. 4 poster bed and was soft enough for me. Shower a bit small but everything was clean and I liked that we had more windows. Breakfast both days was great. Much better than the "continental" breakfast at other places. Sitting at the deck outside was lovely. Oh, and there were some concerns by folks about the front rooms and road noise - not an issue. Sometimes you could hear a truck but once you get to sleep, not a problem. Oh, and did I mention the wonderful owners and Molly the dog? You don't get the attention in chain motels, I can tell you that. Would stay here again.

Room tip: Room 8 is great.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hoyaalum
Management response:Responded 25 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write us a really great review ,really makes my day . I wish we could review guests so that I could give you 5 stars . Thanks again for the review . Ron , Natalia , and Molly ( the beagle )

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Friendly staff, clean rooms, cute location not too far outta town. The back area and breakfast area were both charming and pleasant. They also helped with cell-phone service, connecting us to the wifi so that we could make calls. Good stuff!

• Trip type: Travelled with family