“Three strikes you're out!”
Review of Whately Inn

Whately Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Whately
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Terrible food, rude staff and a dirty restaurant. I tried it three times because people kept telling me how wonderful it is. The 1 1/2 lb lobster was a less than 1 lb "chicken " lobster. When I complained about the food the last time I went I was told that this is a country inn and perhaps I didn't understand what that meant. I eat out twice a day 7 days a week at both casual and high end restaurants and found their attitude condescending and offensive
When you see this place, keep driving!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband chose this restaurant for our 10th anniversary. What an awesome job he did! We arrived early for our reservation and decided to sit at the bar for a couple of cocktails. Bar area is cozy and bartenders attentive. Once seated at our table, the restaurant itself is not large, but quaint and not terribly loud at all. Our waitress, Tammy super sweet and very attentive. The food just kept coming and coming. Every morsel was delicious. I love eating at a restaurant with real cloth napkins and proper table settings. We will not wait for a special occasion to visit again.
I would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I eat at this restaurant for a special occasion once a year. Would love to go more often. I have never had a bad meal there. The prices are very reasonable for the meal you get as all courses are included. I have had everything from Prime Rib to Fish. My grandson's favorite is the lamb. Everything is cooked to order so it may seem a little slow, but it is worth the wait. Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Once again I overdid it. On my wife's birthday, May 4th, 2017 Dan did too good of a job continuing to bring delectable dishes to our table. (It was assisted by the Hunter's Cocktail, a cherry brandy/cherry whiskey on the rocks). From the cool cuke appetizer, with rolls, to fruit cup sherbet, a tasty salad, the best squash with maple flavoring, the scallops en casserole with baked potato more than filled me up. Then who is capable of passing up strawberry shortcake? Owner Lisa Kloc came over with the hostess and another waiter, to join our waiter, Dan, in singing Happy Birthday to my wife. They brought 6 roses and big smiles to our faces. We really enjoy our special times at this special place that is staffed by the most special people! Tomorrow I will have room for Sharon's leftover filet mignon.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Because of distance constraints, I chose the Whately Inn sight unseen for my daughter's baby shower. The reservation was very easy to make and was followed up by more detailed plans. The Whately Inn is a beautiful country inn with easy access to major highways.The room was welcoming and lovely! Every table had white tablecloths with flowers & blue napkins. There was room for gift & activity tables and hutches for favors & cake. We had room to congregate in front of a beautiful picture window to watch my daughter open her gifts. The service was amazing! Our server was very helpful to me as I was setting up and throughout the shower. She was very attentive to all of our guests. The food was incredible! Everyone felt as I did that it was the most delicious buffet we had ever had! The Whately Inn provided our family & friends with a wonderful day full of special memories! I was able to really enjoy the day because The Whately Inn and our server took care of everything. It was the perfect venue for our celebration!