“Amazing Portuguese Food!”

Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Westport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017

A group of 6 of us came here tonight for dinner. We had a 6 pm reservation and they seated us as soon as we arrived. The restaurant is cozy, very nicely decorated with very comfortable dining chairs and our waiter was very friendly and attentive. Every one of us loved our meals!

We had 2 pitchers of red sangria and a bottle of pinot noir. Excellent choices!

For apps we started with Lulas Fritas (Fried calamari rings blended with hot peppers and homemade hot sauce) and 2 orders of Chourico á Bombeiro (Flame grilled Portuguese sausage). Both very good.

For entrees, I had the Camaráo á Moçambique (Shrimp Mozambique,Served with round fries and rice). It was absolutely delicious! The Mozambique sauce was cooked to perfection and the round fries were awesome!!

My husband had the Octopus special, something I would NEVER consider ordering and he loved it. He said it was very flavorful and cooked perfectly.

As if we weren't full enough, the dessert menu arrived and we all gave in to the Arroz Doce (Sweet Rice). Let me just say it was the BEST I had ever had. It was thick, nice and chilled and it had a hint of a lemon flavor with just enough cinnamon and a side of whipped cream. YUMMY! I WISH I had some RIGHT NOW!! lol

If you are contemplating coming here... Wait no more.. GO!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

One of the top Portuguese restaurants in my opinion in the area. Always have great service, and always have great food!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere and great staff. Baked cod with bone in was fabulous.
Don't try the steak with the ham opt for the other one. Very bland.
Would return and would love to give a better review in the future.
Prices are where they are suppose to be though. Not to shabby.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with a group of friends this week. Everyone was impressed with this great Portuguese place. The dish I ordered consisted of pork tips, roasted potatoes, little neck clams, and pickled cauliflower and carrots. I ordered it mainly because of the peculiar mix of ingredients. I would order it again if I'm back in the area! If you want something different, you won't be disappointed here!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

First want to say that I went out to dinner last nite with some of my high school friends from 1963 to which yes it makes us old. We get together every few months and have lots of laughs and catch up on things. The dinner was absolutely dinner mine being a scallop dinner with Portugues fries....outstanding and everyone sitting around me loved their meals. There were about 30 of us there...when dinner was over, our waiter came over to us and told us that a couple that was watching us throughout dinner wanted to pay for our dinners....all our dinners, drinks, paid the waiter his tips...it was absolutely amazing to all of us...So whoever you are...we wanted to let you know how grateful we all were for your generosity....How kind..someone who didnt ever know us...We all did take up another collection for the waiter who was so so nice.
Carolyn Lalli