After I made the last minute reservations at the Tidewater for a change of scenery during school vacation week I was a bit nervous about the type of accommodations I booked. The price of the room seemed like prices from years ago. I have stayed on the cape for years and never paid such a low price for a room. On arrival I was treated very pleasantly and even asked if I wanted to change my room from the 2nd floor being my younger son was with me. We opted to stay on the 2nd floor with a "water" view. The entire hotel is dated yes and not somewhere I would stay for more than a couple of days. However my boys had a blast They had fun at the pool and actually using a key to unlock the room door. The balcony overlooked the canal and although not breathtaking it made us feel like we were on the cape and geese were there both mornings. The beds were comfortable and the showers fine. The rooms were clean. The only issue was that when others took showers it was a bit loud. The boys loved calling down to Helens and doing take out for breakfast. It was close to everything we needed and when we pulled up in our driveway at home both boys thanked me for a fun weekend. How much better can it get if they had fun and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. So go and enjoy it for what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tidewater is a family friendly hotel which is centrally located and minutes to Hyannis, ferries to the islands, beaches, golf, fishing, restaurants, and shopping. Indoor and Outdoor pools and 50's style breakfast diner (open seasonally). Rooms with refrigerators, coffee makers and some with water views. Landscaped picnic area with playground, grills and picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Tidewater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidewater Hotel West Yarmouth
- Tidewater Motel West Yarmouth
- Tidewater Inn West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA