“A couple of days away”
Review of Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After I made the last minute reservations at the Tidewater for a change of scenery during school vacation week I was a bit nervous about the type of accommodations I booked. The price of the room seemed like prices from years ago. I have stayed on the cape for years and never paid such a low price for a room. On arrival I was treated very pleasantly and even asked if I wanted to change my room from the 2nd floor being my younger son was with me. We opted to stay on the 2nd floor with a "water" view. The entire hotel is dated yes and not somewhere I would stay for more than a couple of days. However my boys had a blast They had fun at the pool and actually using a key to unlock the room door. The balcony overlooked the canal and although not breathtaking it made us feel like we were on the cape and geese were there both mornings. The beds were comfortable and the showers fine. The rooms were clean. The only issue was that when others took showers it was a bit loud. The boys loved calling down to Helens and doing take out for breakfast. It was close to everything we needed and when we pulled up in our driveway at home both boys thanked me for a fun weekend. How much better can it get if they had fun and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. So go and enjoy it for what it is.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Tidewater Inn has always provided my family with a very good room at a very fair price. The staff has always been there to take care of our needs. In the 6 years we have been going to the Tidewater I see no need to change hotels. We visit the Cape 2 or 3 times a year and we'll be back. Great location too !!

Room Tip: Choose the 1st floor for seniors and 2nd floor for the younger crowd.
1  Thank RICHARD G
tidewatercapecod, Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Thanks for your continued patronage Richard. We love having you stay with us at the Tidewater.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms and hotel are clean with a nice view and playground for small children. we enjoyed the indoor pool and breakfast was out of this world.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Every year Boy Scout Troop 112 spends a weekend at the Cape. Tidewater Inn is amazing. They have always accommodated our needs. The rooms are clean. The pool is great. The scouts have a great time. The Inn is centrally located everything. We had a great day geocaching. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank erimax

Cindy, thanks for bringing your troop to the Tidewater every year. We love having this well behaved group return every year.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was a little amazed by how it was not as clean as it could/should have been. In our room there was a beer bottle cap between the fridge and the tv and it was in a pile of dust (the whole weekend). When we went to the pool there was a candy wrapper on the windowsill by the games the whole weekend. Not sure if I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Sorry about the details you mentioned. Of course there should not be any debris in the rooms and I have spoken to the staff about checking the corners and details.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
5.7 km away
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK